• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Interesting blog...

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    So, when I was randomly looking for Pokemon info, I came across this blog which was posted like...yesterday or something, so relatively fresh.

It has opinions on some big forums, and also some fansites, and discusses the state of the Pokemon Fandom. oO;

I found it an interesting read, discuss here?

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    I have to agree with a lot of what he said. He's surprisingly got a lot of confidence in us and TCoD, and he whacked SPP and Shinou.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    I find it amusing that someone would take the time to write all that up. Personally, I disagree with probably everything this "person" has stated.

I am going to be perfectly honest, I think it was a load of crap. Just reading his post on PI Forums, you could have easily figured out he was going to attack Shinou and any other site with any sort of affiliation with it.

Like Serebii Joe and I have discussed before, people who are the most jealous are obviously going to attack sites. In the end, it doesn't matter *what* some random Pokemon User thinks because TotalPokemon/Shinou just continues to grow.

Not to mention, I smell some resentment towards TP/Shinou so this is obviously someone who is spiteful. So it is only a worthy read if you enjoy reading tabloid-like propoganda.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Everyone got bashed, lol. Besides pe2k, lmao. Apparently who wrote that knows me; dunno how though. I think its pretty funny myself, XD.

Last edited:

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    I just think the kid is biased, which is so obvious it just gets more and more humorous the more times you read it.

I just love the fact how he (or she) states that TP is good for news, but we aren't "the next Serebii". If that isn't random, I don;t know what is.

I want to be the first true Global Pokemon Site, nothing more.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    *tends to stay out of this forum, but found the blog interesting* XD;

I don't know, I agreed with 95% of it. If I had written it there would have been some stuff I would have left out, some stuff I would have added (such as forum advertising on some sites being so ridiculously excessive to the point that the owners look desperate). I think in general it was well written, and nailed most sites and communities dead on.

Years
    I agree with most of this person's opinions (except the ones about the sites, I hardly ever go to [Pokébeach, PE2k], but that's obvious).

I don't see how they would be jealous, since IIRC they never mentioned having an own site/forum.

What I wonder is, who this person is an whether I met them before^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Yeah, I agreed with most of it :S

Just need to work on my translations ;;

EDIT: Ok, was actually just updated with some pretty heavy stuff o_o; A rather serious view on what's to come for forums with the release of Diamond and Pearl and...

...a complete cut at webmasters who own both sites and their accompanying forums. The sad part? I think FO nailed us. At least I'll admit to it. Sometimes I get lost on what owning a forum is supposed to be about. =/

Last edited:

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
    I also agreed with most of what s/he said...

...and I agree that PPN is an ad-whore... *shot*
    No, honestly. I've always thought that.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    I find it amusing to see which people are responding to this. This blog doesn't represent the Community as a whole, hell it doesn't even represent a 10% minority.

This is so obviously a regular PCer's opinion, since no real regular Pokemon fan goes to places (or even knows about) PIForums or anything that remotely small. I think this was made out of spite, which is actually quite sad because if it wasn't so biased maybe it would have been a notable read.

Oh and for the "people who advertise in news posts", who are implying TotalPokemon. I just have to say to get over yourselves. Eventually you are going to need to let go of that jealousy, and realize that we (TotalPokemon) are here to stay.

*You* may not like it, but 10k other people are going to have to disagree with you on that. Seriously, and for the people mad at Shinou for copying "PI" guess what PI ISNT THE ORIGINAL MULTINATIONAL FORUM! Ever hear of PUK/PokeAmphs? Honestly, get your facts straight besides like it matters. PI Users' are only mad because of how fast Shinou shot up.

I think this Forum Community needs to refind itself, because you people appear out of touch with the needs of the Pokemon Fandom. No longer does anyone care that a Webmaster "isn't nice" or is "too arrogant". Guess what, people don't give a damn if you live or die. They just want their Pokemon News.

So in conclusion this isn't interesting, this is a blatant flamebaiting attack on certain individuals. I hope certain people learn the value of letting grudges go, honestly. PokeCommunity didn't start dieing because of downtime, it was because of certain upper class users holding grudges and being all elitist.

Years
    I find it amusing to see which people are responding to this. This blog doesn't represent the Community as a whole, hell it doesn't even represent a 10% minority.

This is so obviously a regular PCer's opinion, since no real regular Pokemon fan goes to places (or even knows about) PIForums or anything that remotely small.

I don't consider myself much of a regular PCer.
    Can you please stop pointing out how small other sites are?
    Nobody cares.

I think this was made out of spite, which is actually quite sad because if it wasn't so biased maybe it would have been a notable read.

OMG someone pointed out their opinion :(
    Since when aren't people allowed to have opinions?

So they made it out of spite, because they bash your oh so awesome sites?

Oh and for the "people who advertise in news posts", who are implying TotalPokemon. I just have to say to get over yourselves. Eventually you are going to need to let go of that jealousy, and realize that we (TotalPokemon) are here to stay.

*You* may not like it, but 10k other people are going to have to disagree with you on that. Seriously, and for the people mad at Shinou for copying "PI" guess what PI ISNT THE ORIGINAL MULTINATIONAL FORUM! Ever hear of PUK/PokeAmphs? Honestly, get your facts straight besides like it matters.

Says the person who claimed to have an idea no one has done before...
    How do you know what other people's opinions are gonna be?
    Are you a fortune teller or something?

PI Users' are only mad because of how fast Shinou shot up.

How do you know how my users feel about this?
    I don't care about how big Shinou is, I really don't.

I think this Forum Community needs to refind itself, because you people appear out of touch with the needs of the Pokemon Fandom. No longer does anyone care that a Webmaster "isn't nice" or is "too arrogant". Guess what, people don't give a damn if you live or die. They just want their Pokemon News.

So in conclusion this isn't interesting, this is a blatant flamebaiting attack on certain individuals. I hope certain people learn the value of letting grudges go, honestly. PokeCommunity didn't start dieing because of downtime, it was because of certain upper class users holding grudges and being all elitist.
    I find it very strange, that you are the only one who seems to have problem with this article.
    Even bgt didn't have a problem (and he owns TP and SHinou as well, so he could have been)
    Wait, the person didn't praise you in this article.
    They criticised you.
    Oh snap!
    Learn how to accept criticism and accept the fact that people have actually got their own opinion which might be different from yours.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Honestly, Blaze, you're being ridiculous. The guy's not "jealous" (he doesn't even have a site), and frankly, you're the one being biased. :/ It really does say something that everybody here agrees with him except you, doesn't it? Saying "Nobody cares about this and nobody cares about that" is obviously false.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Jesus Blaze, he stated his opinion on Shinou community and other pokemon fansites, and I really have to agree with him, even if some of those sites are my favorites. Just calm down

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    I know who is writing it, that is why I am mad. Passing it off as a "random observer" is rather idiotic.

It isn't that I cannot take criticism, I find it odd it didn't raise a red flag to any of you that this person has not revealed themselves to anyone. Usually, if you truly are try to give positive criticism you don't hide behind a random blog.

Besides, of course people are going to agree here at PokeCommunity. I noted that would happen above, I never thought for a minute anyone who disagree with the person.

Oh and how did I not listen to the criticism oO? I listened to it, and then disagreed so I don't see why anyone would get up in my grill. Though I won't lie about this, I do enjoy the fact we were talked about in the Blog seeing we are only 3 months old. And I also stated PIForums was small, not as a cheap shot but to point out the regular Pokemon Fan (which is absolutely none of us, since we are all hardcore users_) would not know about it.

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    Alright i viewed the link.
    I stop half way thought it because i thought it was starting to become a load of BS.

n00b generation
    He took a shot at the Newbies. Everyone is a newb at one point or time.
    But for other's it takes time and they get use to it most members don't leave because of Newb's they leave because a forum gets to big or noting seems to drive them back to the forum like with me i come here off and on.

But everyone has the right to belive what they want on this topic.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    There's a difference between newbies and n00bs. Newbies are people who are new to a forum but are genuinely willing to follow the rules, learn the ways of the community, and become an active part of the community. n00bs are the morons that come in and think that they know better than everyone else, don't give a crap about the community or its rules, and just overall display a poor attitude and unwillingness to become part of the community.

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    Sorry Morkula lol
    I should have also posted i don't like typing n00b i find it not really having a full meaning in MY Vocab.
    But i'll make sure to remember the meanings between each one

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Newbies are to be nurtured and helped, since they have the chance of becoming an active, important part of the community. n00bs are to be destroyed. XD

Personally, I'm not going to get in the middle of this little fight we've got going here. There are things that I agree with in the LJ entry and there are things that I disagree with. But at the interest of remaining neutral and not offending either side, I won't share my views. I'll just say that the person does bring up a few good points.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I support everything Virtual Headache said. You're overreacting Blaze. FO said my site had bad translations, and my forum was listed under "small forums". Am I flipping out over it?

"OH NOES! A BLOGGER SAID SOMETING BAD ABUT MY SIIIIITE! GAWD!"

And evidently 80% of people in this thread agree with said blogger on most comments, so here, it's your opinion that's minority.

I'm working on my translations, not going to complain about it <<;

------------------------

In other news, I feel semi-bad that I even commented on this little thing you're having here.

Back