• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Introducing: ME! Bijhan!

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hey y'all! I'm Bijhan. I'm an American living in Uruguay, I'm an artist, programmer, and writer, and I love all things nerdy.

I'm actually kind of a latecomer to Pokemon! I stubbornly refused to enjoy anything Pokemon when it was new and I was small, because my parents wouldn't buy me anything related to Pokemon. So it was kind of a "sour grapes" situation.

Now that I'm a big girl and can buy my own games, cards, and toys... I do!

Thanks y'all! Good to meet you!

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Thanks for the welcome!

I don't think I have any one game or generation I hold above the others, although I can say Gen V / Unova are my least favorite.

Kanto is my favorite region for sure, and I think my favorite trip to Kanto is in the Gen IV HeartGold/SoulSilver games.

My favorite Pokemon is far and away Lickitung. I remember very clearly that there was a game of Pokemon the card game happening in the classroom when I was in an early grade - maybe second or third? All of the Pokemon looked interesting to me, but someone used a Lickitung card, and for some reason it just really stuck with me. I think in particular it was that it was the card with the picture of Lickitung reaching up to the top of a tree to grab... I think bananas? I remember thinking that it would be nice to have a friendly pet who could reach tall heights for me. I didn't think of it again until much, much later, but those warm feelings towards seeing that happy little pink creature never left.

Back