• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Introducing.... me

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2020
    I'm an old duck here: 61 years young.

My introduction to Pokemon was amusing to my kids who are both adults. I was heading into hospital and wanted something to do that didn't need the internet. So, on a fateful day in spring, my daughter lent me her 3ds and Pokemon x. It was lunch time.... one little game that needed some strategy, and had cute beasties... and I was hooked. My daughter stole back her 3ds at 3am the next morning... despite my protests.

My kids bought me my own 2ds only a day later. My collection of Pokemon games increases slowly but surely... and while I like the earlier games, I adore gens 6 and 7... and am waiting on gen 8 for my new switch...

Both the 2ds and switch are small enough for use in a hospital... but then my experiences with hospitals is mixed. Some places are better than others, but I do what I have to and take my Pokemon with me lol.

Years
  • Hey there! Really glad to have you Citrine! Pokecommunity is a place for all ages and it's awesome to have you onboard the Pokemon train :D What awesome kids you have that they bought you your own 2DS <3 Maybe they'd be interested in joining these forums too? Hehe

Newer games like the ones you're playing cater to a much wider audience, whereas ones from decades ago a la the Nintendo DS and Game Boy era offered a little bit more of a challenge. Regardless, there's no doubt in my mind you'll be hooked with all of them and get playing in no time at all :D Do you have a favorite Pokemon so far? Favorite character? Ah man let me just say this whole franchise is one big rabbit hole, so I hope you're prepared :3

Back