• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inuyasha his name meaning

MarineManiac

The Keeper of Pure Souls
    Years
    I give credit to Absolute Anime credit for this info:

Most people think Inuyasha's name means female dog demon or Half dog demon in Japanese (sp?) but it doesn't.

Broken down his name truly means: Inu (Dog) Yasha (Forest spirit/guardian) (Whatever.)

I also have Proof!!
    Okay in episode one... Kaeade said "No child! Ye mustn't go into The forest of Inuyasha!" Why would they name the forest after the person you attacked their preistess and destroyed thier village, because they didn't!

Also, the reason why demons never came to Kaeade's village is because they were afraid of Inuyasha!

Hard Core Proof

For those who did your homework... In the third movie, (just came to america) Inuyasha's father's name is Inuyoukai am I correct?
    Youkai means demon in Japanese (sp?) plain and simple, so if Youkai means Demon then what would Yasha mean? Look Up! I said it already, anywhoo, I did my homework now you do yours, if 3+4=7 can 3+3=7? Nope, so if Youkai means demon then how on earth can yasha mean demon? simple, Yasha doesn't mean Demon!

DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!! Find out for yourself if you don't believe me, for those that do, thank you. But for those that don't believe me and can't show me down... wow... you just got beat by a snot-nosed brat (Yes, I'm calling myself that). So believe or don't, but I suggest you look it up anyway.

Say-La-ve! (I think that means good bye... I know I didn't spel it right but I don't know how to spell it, well you get the point, See-ya later and Arigoto! (Thank you)

Lord_Nuthing

Kicker of Thine Throat
    Years
    actually that is a good try and you are on the right track ... the word yasha can translate into both the meaning you are explaining and also the demon meaning.. check out this website.. its a dictionary site that gave a very thorough explanation of the the name and other things and maybe do a little bit more research b4 you just tell everyone they are wrong
    https://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Inu+Yasya+(character)

Also the only reason they named it the forest of inuyasha is because he was trapped there not because he was some sort of "gaurdian."

And there is actually a mathematical proof that would take me 3 hours to type up to prove that 3+3 =7

thats my 2c

crystal_mew

- n i h i l i s t -
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    Heh...well, InuYasha's name isn't all that hard to figure out. o_o; *sweatdrop* Still, very good explinations. Kudos to you both.

And, about Inuyasha and Sesshomaru's father...that seems a bit off topic. But...here's a few pictures of him/include him:
    Pic 1
    Pic 2

Lord_Nuthing

Kicker of Thine Throat
    Years
    thanks... his dad in demon form is the skeleton he gets his sword from ... im not sure which episode it is but its a good one nonetheless

Inuyasha

Too Tired to Care.
    Years
    I've never noticed anything having to do with inuyasha's father's name. As far as i knew it was Inutashio or something. More of a 'Dog King' type name. I'm sure they named him somethin less moronic then "Inuyoukai" ...that's totally lame.

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    Say-La-ve!= Not Goodbye, but who cares >.>;

Inuyasha's name can be translated into Dog Demon I believe too. More that one word can mean the same thing. And does it EVER say Demons never came because of Inuyasha?

Back