• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is anyone here a Pokemon Adventures Manga Lance fan?

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    Yeah! Lance's Manga Design is the best! And I like him in the manga because he's a villain. I love Pokespecial for many many many many many many many reasons. And One of them is because most of gym leaders and the elite four are the villains. The Lance's manga design is much much much much much better than his anime and game design. When he'll appear in the FRLG series I hope they'll keep his design from the older volumes.

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    nicoleb said:
    Yeah! If anyone who hates Lance sees this, they might, stop thinking that crap and stuff. ^^

*shakes head* Nope, it's not crap at all because so far no one has been able to rebutt my anti-Lance statements without inventing a sad, lame, cop-out (something along the lines of "WTF STFU STOP BASHING LANCE I'LL JUST SAY THAT 'CAUSE I CAN'T GIVE A LEGIT COUNTER WAHAHAHA!!!!1111!").

...Anywho, just here to tell you that yeah, I'm still building up the frameworks of that Lance fic I said I'd write. See, even though I'm not a Lance fan, I actually consider the COMPLEXITIES behind his character, unlike most of his "fans". "EE OMG HEZ HAWT AND HE HAS DRAGONZ AND POWERZ AND HE WANTS TO KILL THE HUMAN RACE HOW AWESOMEE!!!!111!!" Please. If I were a Lance fan, I'd be embarrassed by these people.

...And in the meantime I'm drawing a Neochampionshipping-bashing comic. Well, going to. And if you don't know what Neochampionshipping is, it's Lance x Steven. I have a guess why so many people like it, but I personally think Lance doesn't deserve as awesome a guy as Steven, and anyway they just wouldn't get along. Especially manga Lance and Steven.

Manga!Lance x Dragonite = Manga Lance OTP (if you've bothered to consider his character, you'd agree).
    Anime!Lance x Ash = Anime Lance OTP ('s called Championshipping, BTW, and again, if you've bothered to analyze his character, or if you've watched the crap Kyogre/Groudon arc that butchered the entire Kyogre/Groudon story, you'd understand.)

And OTP = One True Pairing. Means what it says.

If you can't like a character for more than his pretty face and his psychotic badass-ness, you don't deserve to like him at all.

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
    The Incarnation Pokemon said:
    *shakes head* Nope, it's not crap at all because so far no one has been able to rebutt my anti-Lance statements without inventing a sad, lame, cop-out (something along the lines of "WTF STFU STOP BASHING LANCE I'LL JUST SAY THAT 'CAUSE I CAN'T GIVE A LEGIT COUNTER WAHAHAHA!!!!1111!").

...Anywho, just here to tell you that yeah, I'm still building up the frameworks of that Lance fic I said I'd write. See, even though I'm not a Lance fan, I actually consider the COMPLEXITIES behind his character, unlike most of his "fans". "EE OMG HEZ HAWT AND HE HAS DRAGONZ AND POWERZ AND HE WANTS TO KILL THE HUMAN RACE HOW AWESOMEE!!!!111!!" Please. If I were a Lance fan, I'd be embarrassed by these people.

...And in the meantime I'm drawing a Neochampionshipping-bashing comic. Well, going to. And if you don't know what Neochampionshipping is, it's Lance x Steven. I have a guess why so many people like it, but I personally think Lance doesn't deserve as awesome a guy as Steven, and anyway they just wouldn't get along. Especially manga Lance and Steven.

Manga!Lance x Dragonite = Manga Lance OTP (if you've bothered to consider his character, you'd agree).
    Anime!Lance x Ash = Anime Lance OTP ('s called Championshipping, BTW, and again, if you've bothered to analyze his character, or if you've watched the crap Kyogre/Groudon arc that butchered the entire Kyogre/Groudon story, you'd understand.)

And OTP = One True Pairing. Means what it says.

If you can't like a character for more than his pretty face and his psychotic badass-ness, you don't deserve to like him at all.
    No one cares, The Incarnation Pokemon. If you were listening to me, you'd know that I like Wataru because I think he has a kind heart under all his darkness. But it helps for them to be good-looking. What is one of the reasons you like Daigo and Mikuri?

This is a thread for people who like Wataru. You have already posted here once. You don't have to continue posting here. I'm not too fond of Mikuri. But you don't see me ranting on about it to people who do.

Lucid

Personally, I think there's over hype towards the dragon trainers, and as for Wataru, who's stupid enough to want to kill off your own species? == Looks wise he's cool though, his eyes are dragon~ish, he's a great villain.

Ilrery Cyciga

Polkafreaku
    Years
    I think that Lance is a misleaded good guy, one that wants to make life a better place to be but goes abot it the wrong way.

killing humanity was an example, however cool it is to see pokemon slaughter defenseless humans. (It brings me to the question- if pokemon were sentinent, why do they degrade their pride so much that they allow people with no elemental talent to stuff them into little airtight balls?)

He also goes about that act in a way befitting of any supervillian: Raise an ancient evil, or something.

The fact that he has a headquarters in an island in the middle of nowhere and that he collects badges just heightens his 1337ness.

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
    Ilrery Cyciga said:
    I think that Lance is a misleaded good guy, one that wants to make life a better place to be but goes abot it the wrong way.

killing humanity was an example, however cool it is to see pokemon slaughter defenseless humans. (It brings me to the question- if pokemon were sentinent, why do they degrade their pride so much that they allow people with no elemental talent to stuff them into little airtight balls?)

He also goes about that act in a way befitting of any supervillian: Raise an ancient evil, or something.

The fact that he has a headquarters in an island in the middle of nowhere and that he collects badges just heightens his 1337ness.
    Yeah. I also like him because he's calm and controled, though. ^_^

Years
    OMG who isn't?

Lance is one of my favourite people in pokéspe. Of course, I have many favourites... but he was one of my first, and the highest ranked on my list for Kanto characters! :3

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    He found a place in my heart for the sheer fact that he actually did something productive as a villain. That and pink hair is very manly. And the cape. And the dragons.

Mmmmmm.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    Yup, for some reason, even though he's a villain, he looks amazingly cool :3 !!!!!!!!!!!
    I like his cape, and his hair models, and his awesome pokemon............(keep ranting for the next 2 hours......)

Well, I'm overly curious about what you all guys might think........

Which pokemon shipping -- that involves Lance of course -- did you like the most?

I really like Grantedshipping :3 !!!!!! mostly because I'm influenced by fanfics and youtube videos on the 2 of them!!!!!!
    But Lance x Steven seems to be nice, although, I haven't read any fanfics about them......
    (I'm not like some 'Bastard' who sent 2 post in this group only to mock Lance's Fans......You'll see who I meant when you read the older posts......)

Last edited:

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I was in love at the fact that he was an eco-terrorist.
    I mean, that boosted him to, like, one of my favorites. I always imagined him all nice and kind and noble. But the manga made me see him in a new, wonderful light.

I love Lance.

Back