• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Arcanine a legendary pokemon?

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Arcanine is a pimp. all this semantics stuff is just crazy- Of course he's not legendary! But the term psuedo-legendary would be appropriate.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    It is not a Legendary. Topic Finished. Gah.

1. Arcanine's can Breed to have small Puppies, i.e Growlithe's.
    2. They have Genders.
    3. They are Evolved from a basic Pokemon i.e Growlithe.
    4. It's Stat's aren't that close to the Official Legendary's.
    5. It doesn't require a Special Event or such to be Caught in the Games.

So i don't understand why you people still stick to you point that he is a legendary, when it is clear it's not.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016

1. Arcanine's can Breed to have small Puppies, i.e Growlithe's.
    2. They have Genders.
    4. It's Stat's aren't that close to the Official Legendary's.
    5. It doesn't require a Special Event or such to be Caught in the Games.

So i don't understand why you people still stick to you point that he is a legendary, when it is clear it's not.

It's actually very reasonable to mistake it for a legendary, given the decription of it's type:

Well, he is a legendary type, as seen in the Pokedex and on the card:

Is Arcanine a legendary pokemon?

He is legendary, but not a legendary.

Always confused me.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years

1. Arcanine's can Breed to have small Puppies, i.e Growlithe's. Manaphy → Phione.
    2. They have Genders. Heatran, Latios, Latias.
    4. It's Stat's aren't that close to the Official Legendary's. Arcanine's base stat total is 555, which is close to the Weather Birds'/Legendary Beasts'/Golems'/Lake Trios' 580.
    5. It doesn't require a Special Event or such to be Caught in the Games. Rotom and Spiritomb do, and they're not on the Legendary list.

Pick better arguments next time.

He is legendary, but not a legendary.

That sounds about right.

LDUK

Pokémon Master
    Years
    It clearly sates Arcanine as a Legendary as its species. But, it doesn't really seem to be. I didn't think it was but it does say it is. I don't think it's been clearly explained in any game or episode, therefore it's a confusing situation. You'd have to ask the creators to get the real truth. But for now I would say it is a Legendary, just poorly explained or emphasised.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    god arcanine and dragonite were originally suppose to be legendary reasons they were left out

arcainine evolves plus jennys have growilthe and gary has one which would be ridiculous that some new trainer would have a legendary

im 90% sure dragonite was suppose to be legendary too but was left out b/c of evolutions and whatnot maybe b/c of the one in the first movie

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    god arcanine and dragonite were originally suppose to be legendary reasons they were left out

arcainine evolves plus jennys have growilthe and gary has one which would be ridiculous that some new trainer would have a legendary

im 90% sure dragonite was suppose to be legendary too but was left out b/c of evolutions and whatnot maybe b/c of the one in the first movie
    No.... Just no.

The games were made first. The argument that they were "once legendaries", but that was changed because of preevolutions and presence in the anime is moot. The anime was made after the games, so everything was already decided. And if Game Freak wanted to make Arcanine or Dragonite legendaries, they could have. Having preevultions wouldn't have prevented that. They could have just removed them.

Seriously, people. Think.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    You know what's funny? Take a look at the confirmed Legendaries' species.

Notice anything odd?

None of them say Legendary.

Conclusion: the Pokemon's species has nothing to do with whether or not it is a Legendary.

Last edited:

s l u g

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Ok great it's Legendary, if you guy's want to believe it's legendary , why the hell are you even debating and Neiteio don't try to get aggressive i'm clearing my points.

s l u g

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    :P

Fishy i know you love me but Arci is not Legendary, my Simple point is, if it's Legendary why isn't it much Popularized..? , i mean c'mon t's pretty easy to get in games and it is often seen in the anime..? so why uneccesarily try to prove something which isn't correct..? :\

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    I for one do not think arcanine is a Legend. Arcanine is just a normal pokemon. It's not like they make statues of him like Latios and Latias.

Fishyman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • No.
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    :P

Fishy i know you love me but Arci is not Legendary, my Simple point is, if it's Legendary why isn't it much Popularized..? , i mean c'mon t's pretty easy to get in games and it is often seen in the anime..? so why uneccesarily try to prove something which isn't correct..? :\
    Because it can go either way.

Arcanine is a legendary by all means, except fans which are Pokemon such as Rayquaza.

So basically, from your point of view, you're correct, and others are wrong, while in their point of view, you're wrong and their right.

Basically, it's a stupid thing to argue about.

Back