• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is bakuman a good choice?

Years
  • I'm thinking about getting into a new series of manga and I just wanted to know if bakuman's a good choice for me or not. I liked death note but I just don't think bakuman will cut it for me. Did any of you guys read it? Does it have a good story? These are the kind of things I need to know before buying a manga. And man am I picky about my manga sigh...

Insane85

Bored
    Years
  • I personally really like Bakuman, it's an interesting story that I find really compelling, I recommend it to you.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    You really shouldn't be walking into it thinking it'll be like Death Note just because it's the same team (hence why i hated it when they advertised it as "Done by the same people as Death Note!")

Overall it's a good read. To a sense it's done in a style that uses arcs, but each arc is completed and leaves you with a sense of satisfaction. It's about writing manga, though more focused, writing manga for Shonen Jump. It's a good look into the manga industry despite being overdramatized. Though...Bakuman isn't coming out in America til August, and the "preview chapters" ie the first three didn't really give the series justice on how good it gets. I would definitely recommend it.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    It's very good. I like it. It's not like Death Note at all if that's what your wondering. I actually started reading Bakuman in Audio Manga form for the first chapter, then afterwards went to manga form.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    I like it but have no clue why, but it isn't like deathnote. It's pretty interesting.

SUTANRII

The New Guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2010
    Know a good place to read this? I wiki'd it and it seems quite cool.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Well, it's entertaining at most. Though if you don't like heavy dialogues, but no action, you really shouldn't read this because it becomes a bore quickly.

Back