• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Is creating a new region along with the 8 main regions a rom hack or new fan game?

Years
  • This is for my new fan game of Pokemon Delta Genesis. I need to know if it will be a rom hack of a previous game if i include the 8 main regions with the Sevii Islands on if its a new fan game with a new region and only select locations are used for world building in a story perspective. I want this clarified so that i dont go around confusing people what kind of game i am making is. I'm hoping someone can help me. If this is more of a discussion, so be it.

Oat

(•◇•)
    Years
  • ROM hacks are a specific type of fangame. They're made by editing the ROM code of an official game to make a new game! Whereas a fangame is a completely original project. You can make a fangame in RPG Maker, Unity, Godot, and the list goes on

Back