• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Gen 2 Coming To Pokemon GO!?

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
  • I cannot effin' wait for Gen II to come to Go, some of my all-time favourite Pokes were introduced in Gen II; Kingdra, Crobat, Scizor, Heracross, to name just a few.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I cannot effin' wait for Gen II to come to Go, some of my all-time favourite Pokes were introduced in Gen II; Kingdra, Crobat, Scizor, Heracross, to name just a few.

Agreed I'm waiting on Houndoom, Ampharos, Skarmory and Tyranitar as well
    gen iv was my favourite though but that will probably be a year away until that comes out

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Agreed I'm waiting on Houndoom, Ampharos, Skarmory and Tyranitar as well
    gen iv was my favourite though but that will probably be a year away until that comes out

I can only imagine it'd take a billion candies in order to evolve Larvitar up to Tyranitar haha

Years
  • I think it will be some time before Gen II comes out. Early reports suggested this winter, but, I don't think that took into account the amount of programming that would have to be done. New movesets, a new type, in addition just to all those new stats will take some time to balance and work out.

Niantic will do well to focus more on trading, P2P battles, and whatever developments they have in mind for pokestops and gyms first.

With that said, yes, it's very exciting to look forward to. =)

Years
  • It would be interesting if they managed to add the day and night factor into pokemon go as they did with gold and silver when thy eventually introduce gn 2. Would add anothr level of ralism to th game

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • It would be interesting if they managed to add the day and night factor into pokemon go as they did with gold and silver when thy eventually introduce gn 2. Would add anothr level of ralism to th game
    Huh?

Day/night cycles already exist. The game already changes to nighttime shading once it hits 7:00 pm.

It's incredibly easy from a programming sense to check your device's time. No doubt if Espeon and Umbreon are included as 25-candy Eeveelutions, all they'll have to do is randomize the current three plus either Espeon or Umbreon depending on the clock. Obviously they won't be able to prevent people from manipulating the clock, but it's not like people didn't do that already with the handheld consoles.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I am also looking forward to Gen 2 but I think we're going to be waiting a while. I wouldn't be surprised if we're waiting a while - I can see them releasing the gens yearly, or perhaps half-yearly.

Here's a thought I've been having a lot lately though - I wouldn't be surprised if the next Pokemon they released were something to do with Sun/Moon, not Gen 2. Think about it; they started with Gen 1 because those are the ones that older fans have the most nostalgic fondness for (in theory), but now that they've got new and old fans alike hooked, won't Nintendo be keen to use this platform to raise awareness of the new game they're about to release? They'll want people to find Sun/Moon related stuff and think 'gee, this is neat, I should check out the game this is from'.

I'm not saying they'll necessarily release all the Sun/Moon pokemon; that could happen but I think what might be more likely is that they release the Alolan forms - so far we have seen a lot of Gen 1 Alolan forms, after all. It was mentioned that there would be some elements of Sun/Moon in Go after al. Perhaps it could also explain why there are no shinies in Go; they didn't want to confuse people by having three colour varietie of the same Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Can't remember whether this was from a niantic source (I think it was but not 100% sure) but they hinted at every 6 months between adding each generation

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I'd love it if Gen II Pokémon are released. That means more type diversity, yay! Dark-types will finally be obtainable!

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • I want Gen 2 a looooot, but I also know that Gen 1 is just now releasing worldwide, and with all the upgrades they need to do to the server, and pokestops, and the trading thing, I think it'll be a while before we see Gen 2. >< I'm counting on sometime next summer, at this point, because we haven't even gotten the Pokestop upgrade, or the Gen 1 Legendaries popping up yet - and I have a guess that those will be like field bosses.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2016
    Hey all,

I already read on some news sites, that it might be that some Pokemon from Gen 2 (e. g. Espeon) get available soon.
    I would love to see Gen 2 Pokemon in Pokemon Go, Scizor is one of my favorites.

Kind Regards,
    DigitalFlow

Back