• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Is it advisable to use another engine?

Alxira5

Software developer and digital artist
Days
  • Hello community, Maybe I'm very new to this forum and this would be my first post, which deals with the following, it will be possible to create a Pokémon fan game without RPG Maker XP? and maybe I could use an engine like Solarus or Godot?

In my opinion as a software developer, Solarus would be the best option and it would be much more convenient, since to be focused on action RPGs, I should just make a few small changes and maybe review the Pokémon Essentials code.

I am a bit new in this field, and that's why I would like your honest opinion on the topic.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'm currently creating my own monster taming rpg game and I'm using Unity.
    I don't there is a right or wrong engine to use. You can use Godot, Unity , Unreal.
    I'm just more comfortable with using Unity since I've been using it for over a decade. If you feel like Godot is good, then you can start with Godot.

Alxira5

Software developer and digital artist
    Days
  • I'm currently creating my own monster taming rpg game and I'm using Unity.
    I don't there is a right or wrong engine to use. You can use Godot, Unity , Unreal.
    I'm just more comfortable with using Unity since I've been using it for over a decade. If you feel like Godot is good, then you can start with Godot.
    Both are good options and I have used both in the past, but I think Solarus does the job better, since I want to give it a gameplay very similar to a Zelda game. But maybe the future says otherwise, and ended up using Godot.

Back