• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

is it just me or have the common pokemons become even harder than before to catch?

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    for the past 5-7 days, ive noticed that more common pokemons were much more difficult to catch.
    pdigeys and rattatas are tougher than ever! at level 29, im seeing pidgeys/rats in high 400s/300s but even the ones in 100~400 are giving me hard times. i rarely catch them with single pokeball anymore. the same with weedles and caterpies.
    magikarps definitely became toughter too. in the past, my catch rate of magikarps was almost 90% (or so it felt) but recently, they frequently break out of 3-4 pokeballs, sometimes even multiple great balls.
    spearows became almost impossible for me catch with regular pokeballs unless i threw berries at them. i just pass them when seen on nearby list.
    shouldnt catching pokemons be easier as my trainer level goes up? =p

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I've noticed this too. Lately I have difficulty making catches unless the Pokemon has a really low CP. I think I read they purposely make it more difficult with each upgrade.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I have noticed there are a lot more Pokemon spawning and that rarer Pokemon are making it to rural areas. mr mines are now quite common whereas 2 weeks ago they were really really rare but now some days I've caught more than 1

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Mr. Mime does indeed appear to be more frequent.

Also i think i just get higher CP pokemon, which makes them harder to catch. But i do not see a change in catch rates.

You are all aware that as updates come every few weeks, your trainer level also goes up, right? Of course that makes it over-all more difficult. It gets harder as your trainer level goes up, until you hit level 30.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I have had the same experience with difficulty catching common pokemon.

I have also had the same experience with more rare pokemon spawning. I'm seeing a lot more Tauros, Squirtle, Pikachu, Lapras, etc. Saw an electabuzz (once before) and magmar (never before)too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2016
    I saw a video that said they increased the spawn rates on all the less common Pokémon to give everyone more variety. I assume they also want to see less people power leveling by catching Pidgey upon Pidgey and evolving 40 of them at a time! If I can find the video, I will post it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2016
    I also believe the video confirmed it through Niantic. Not sure, but now that I have 5 post I can link the video!

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    What i get recently is 4 pokemon spawning in one well-frequented spot, without lure or incense and anything.

Still lots of rats, flying rats (pidgeons) and worms (weedle and caterpie). Maybe i get more other stuff as well, not sure yet because those low basics still crawl the place.

The last nest rotation got delayed and did not happen yet. So bulbasaur park should still be bulbasaur park, with charmander park nearby, maybe i can check out these spots tomorrow. Nests are real, and they really do rotate them every now and then.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I didn't think they rotated the bulbasaur/Charmander/squirtle nests anyway?
    I've noticed recently that eggs are getting more rare, I hit 19 pokestops yesterday and only collected 3 eggs, usually if I had an empty spot I would have filled it from the first 2 stops I visited. Also double egg drops seem to have stopped as well

Back