• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is it just me..

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2014
    Is it just me or u all agree that the Rival in this game is pretty lame.
    I mean:"Im gonna get stronger ul see" and the next time u battle is pokes are still lame and the battle is pretty pathatic. I dont know but the rival in this game I think is one of the worst ever.
    but then again thats just me What do u think?

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    I agree.

His Pokemon always suck and are easily beaten down.

But the biggest turn-away for me is the trademark THUD!!!

I prefer "Smell ya later!" to thud.

Z o M B ii 3

Upgrade your Grey Matter.
    Years
    I love how the place the trainer battles in the worst places at the worst times.
    The first time I went through R/S/E I got to the end of V-Road and got destroyed by Wally, sad huh? I had to start over.

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
    I don't really like the rival in the RSE/DP series, the rivals in RBY/GSC were AMAZING though.
    Gary could get me so pissed, he actually had a good backstory aswell. And the guy in GSC, he was actually mean, you wanted to kick his ass. Though, I prefer pretty much most things in RBY and GSC to RSE/DP, so I might be a bit biased.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't really like the rival in the RSE/DP series, the rivals in RBY/GSC were AMAZING though.
    Gary could get me so pissed, he actually had a good backstory aswell. And the guy in GSC, he was actually mean, you wanted to kick his ass. Though, I prefer pretty much most things in RBY and GSC to RSE/DP, so I might be a bit biased.

You're not the only one who thinks that. I also think that Gary/Blue/Green and Silver (not calling him Gold thankyouverymuch) were MUCH better rivals than the rivals in R/S/E and D/P.

Serious

Ev'ing is for the talentless
    Years
    I find the rivals feebleness amusing, fun to toy with him.....Gary was better and thats not saying much!

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2014
    ok just to make clear im only talking about the rival in this game and how he suck im not comparing him to other games rivals becuase if i have done that this thread would have belong to pokemon in general and not in d/p disscution

Serious

Years
    My aplogies on that. The rival is dumb, His moves are random and he seems to not know what a STAB move is.

Serious

Years
    This thread wont last long though as everyone except perhaps a toddler will agree the rival is stupid though :(

evilmagikarp94

Don't mess with Magikarp!
    Years
    He isn't officially your rival, he's your "friend", the red-head dude from Gold/Silver was cool because he'd wup your ass and steal the Profs Pokémon.

Serious

Years
    Wup my ass? I have never been beat by anyone and besides, we are talking about the new rival not ginger.

galford3427

One shall stand One shall fall
    Years
    Really I thought the rival in RBY were a lot tougher than these guys. But its the way the game is played.

Serious

Years
    Yeas, I agree that the RBYby rival was more of a challenge but not much of one. the most difficult cpu I have played was red on GSC.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    He was lame. He wasnt very competitive, just impatient. And he looked ridiculous.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    He's pretty weak, the only pokemon he manage to take me down is my Driftblim, mainly because I raise pokemon stupidly.

I don't think he's stupid though, I dunno why. Gary on the other was really annoying, he is very much challenging and you expect him at the worst scenarios, I'm not really competitive and just got a heart attack when he barged in all of a sudden, but I think I prefer Gary over Pearl.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I think the RIVAL is really really really really stupid, he always says the same thing, then when you vs him again the same thing happens

Gluttony123

Hi im Troy Mcluire.
    Years
    I did find him really annoying on MT Coronet. If he had just evolved his Munclax and Buizel, the battle with he commanders would have been over soooooooooo much quicker. He didn't contribute at all.

Back