• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Is it just me or do some others also just use their starter pokemon? I always just use my starter. I use exp share for other pokemon if I want them to level up but ever since I started playing pokemon (Pokemon Blue) I've always mainly concentrated on training the starter pokemon. I just live off of them. Its funny because im always like 10 levels ahead against the gym leaders I fight.

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    That's how I used to play. It is pretty easy to beat the gyms regardless of type when you use an overpowered starter, but now I find it more fun to get a group of pokemon I like and have a challenge when I face the gyms and trainers.

It gets tedious though so sometimes I just use a party of three or four instead of six.

Shinjiaoki94

Punk Leader
    Years
    I think it is just you who live of his Starter only LOL
    I think most trainer depend on their Starter in any game, me too, but since I lost my Serperior, I changed it into Lilligant :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    You were just a little bit late! There's a thread in Pokemon Gaming Central covering starter usage of all generations right here.

Is it just me?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back