• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it me or is the Battle Dimension Theme Tune not very Pokémon theme tune like?

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    I like the Battle Dimension theme song, much better then the Diamond and Pearl theme song :/ That sucks ass lol. The best theme songs are Johto, Johto Championships, Season 7 and 8 (I wanna be a hero and This dream)...I forgot what the seasons were called lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2010
    My favorite was Season 2's theme song, followed by Johto Journeys, Master Quest, and Battle Dimension. Season 1's was good, but it gets kind of repetitive.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Ah, I can't listen to the 1st opening at all. It makes me sick. Too many repeats. While I was watching Indigo League on DVD I had to skip it because of repeats I watched 8 years ago o.O

No. The first opening theme is the best, hands down. I mean, it's a classic.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    My favorite is the extended version of Pokemon Johto from Spell of the Unknown. My Mom says it sounds like George Michaels lol xD

After that it's probably that "A kid from Pallet Town" one and Pokemon : Advanced Battle tied for third.

I know all the lyrics to all of them! xD

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    No. The first opening theme is the best, hands down. I mean, it's a classic.

Whatever you think it is, I'm still bored of it after all these years. Some of the Japanese would say exactly the same about Mezase Pokemon Master, that's the classic, that's the original, everything else fails. Not saying you can't like it or think that, probably a lot do, but you quoted me haha.

Battle Dimension and Advanced Challenge are the best, IMO. Battle Dimensiosn has no random yelling of Pokemon and a nice tune (but you can't really argue over whether something has a nice tune) or Advanced Challenge because it has good lyrics and a nice tune as well.

I took me a very long time to like the Advanced opening. At first, I hated it. But I slowly started to like it when I watched through the episodes XD I really like it now, but it's not my favourite

Overall, I think the best opening is Pokemon Symphonic Melody, as long as you know the Japanese openings well enough to spot where they are, otherwise you'd probably find it boring. I love the Challenger!!, Soko ni Sora ga Aru kara and Mezase Pokemon Master parts best. It's a shame the full length version isn't very good.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    At least it's WAY better than the previous opening.

The first one is of course a classic. The second one pretty much kept you hooked, back in the day. My favorite is the Johto Journeys one. The following isn't bad either. Season 5's was getting repetitive. 6 is pretty good too.

Oh, I could go on forever about Johto Journeys. The last line wraps it up perfectly, and what should be in every Poke-related theme: "Be the best that you can be."

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
    Years
    I know this is gonna come out weird, but my favorite theme was actually season 3's: the Johto Journeys or something like that. Really upbeat song in my opinion. I like the 3rd movie variation of it as well. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go hide before someone massacres me. *Runs away*
    I'm not a big fan of season 3's opening, but it's livable. DP-1 was so horrendous I dubbed "Smells Like Team Spirit"(W/O lyrics) over it.

If the Beastie Boys remixed "Sabotage" or someone remixed "Teen Spirit" and it's actually good, I'd like it to be the opener. Imagine, an Aura Ball during the lyric "So your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear"... CLASSIC!

Years
    I like 'em all. They're catchy & are fun to randomly blurt out in public XD

Last edited:
    Years
    Well, how is the song's theme any different from "I Wanna To Be a Hero"? Essentially, it's the same: "going through this region, doing my best to improve. And maybe become an actual hero along the way." Of course, the debate "could you call Ash an actual hero?" revives and kicks in (kinda wrecked "To Be a Hero" until I turned my brain off about it).

So, given past context, it does make sense. Or it's logical enough for me.

Jorah, you love Symphonic Melody? Then, you won't like Dogasu's favorite insult about it (a musical abortion), and I kinda agree with it. I see it a mishmash of themes, rather than let it flow as an actual score, but that's my preference. And Battle Frontier made up for it. Heh.

Years
    I think the best one is Unbeatable (the Advanced Battle song) and the worst is the DP theme, I hate rap, like it's not music, it's someone talking with a beat playing in the background. God, I hate it!

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    The new opening song, isn't the best one by far. Plus it doesn't show any of Dawn and Brocks Pokemon, and it has Kanto pokemon in it, why didn't they use Sinnoh ones?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Well, how is the song's theme any different from "I Wanna To Be a Hero"? Essentially, it's the same: "going through this region, doing my best to improve. And maybe become an actual hero along the way." Of course, the debate "could you call Ash an actual hero?" revives and kicks in (kinda wrecked "To Be a Hero" until I turned my brain off about it).

So, given past context, it does make sense. Or it's logical enough for me.

Ash grew. He first wanted to be a hero...now he will be one XD The narrator always says "our heroes" anyway, long before opening 6 so that's kinda of funny.

Jorah, you love Symphonic Melody? Then, you won't like Dogasu's favorite insult about it (a musical abortion), and I kinda agree with it. I see it a mishmash of themes, rather than let it flow as an actual score, but that's my preference. And Battle Frontier made up for it. Heh.

Depends on my mood. The full version flows kinda, but it's so boring in the middle. I love the Soko ni Sora ga Aru kara of it but the TV version of Symphonic Melody's Soko ni Sora ga Aru kara isn't as good, but I still like it. I've never thought of the TV version as a "mishmash" I just thought it was boring when I didn't know the Japanese themes. I'm not quite sure I really understand what a "musical abortion" means o.O Thinking about it, it doesn't make much of an effort to flow into each other, but it doesn't really stand out otherwise people who didn't know the Japanese songs well would be able to easily point out where each song ends.
    I think Pokemon Marching Melody is a better song that includes random ones (although it's not really random, it includes most of what was in Symphonic Melody (but surprisingly, not Mezase Pokemon Master o.O)) and it includes some of the newer songs like Together and Spurt. The only thing I don't like about it is the Konoyubitomare part, but it's OK.

Years
    Ash grew. He first wanted to be a hero...now he will be one XD The narrator always says "our heroes" anyway, long before opening 6 so that's kinda of funny.

I've never thought of the TV version as a "mishmash" I just thought it was boring when I didn't know the Japanese themes. I'm not quite sure I really understand what a "musical abortion" means o.O

Well, remember, at the time, I rather didn't care for the character. Now I have tolerance mixed with indifference over him. Hehe.

I will say Symphonic was ambitious (as classical vs the usual J-Pop), but there were better ways to go than the end result. As for Dogasu, it's his term, so ask him. Heh.

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    I like the Battle Dimension, the Original, the Johto Journeys, and the Advanced theme songs.

Back