• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Is it possible to add new Pokemon forms and make it so there's a chance of them appearing in the wild as well as the original form?

HAXorus621

Beginner at ROM hacking, hoping to get better.
Years
  • Update: The problem has been sorted; can someone lock the thread now?

Is it possible to add new Pokemon forms and make it so there's a chance of them appearing in the wild as well as the original form? (Gen III)

For example would it be possible to add Alolan Vulpix into a ROM hack and then make it so that when you come across a wild Vulpix, there's a chance of it being an Alolan one rather than it's standard form?
    (I'd rather make it so it's a different form rather than just putting it in as a separate 'mon on the Pokedex)

If it is possible then can someone take me through how to do it? Beginner at ROM hacking, thought it would be cool to put Alolans in Fire Red along with the original 'mons and also some fanmade forms or something.
    -

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2022
    It really depends: are you going to use all the pokemon in the Firered game? What I'm saying is that if you what the alolan vulpix PLUS all the pokemon already in the game, you would need to expand the number of pokemon in the rom. However, you could also overwrite, say, a form of Unown if your hack does not depend on the Unown alphabet.

PM me if you need any help!

Fred

HAXorus621

Years
  • It really depends: are you going to use all the pokemon in the Firered game? What I'm saying is that if you what the alolan vulpix PLUS all the pokemon already in the game, you would need to expand the number of pokemon in the rom. However, you could also overwrite, say, a form of Unown if your hack does not depend on the Unown alphabet.

PM me if you need any help!

Fred

I am planning on using all the 'mons, however my ROM already has an expanded Dex with a lot of free slots available so I could use some of those for the Alolans.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2022
    If you edit the inis of Advance Map right, you can put any pokemon in the wild. However, I am not sure at the moment how to do this. Will research it for you!

HAXorus621

Years
  • Tell me how many pokemon slots you have and I will send you an edited advance map.

The ROM has 1019 slots at the moment (patched with Artificial Red, I also have 721 Advance Map downloaded so I can already add extra slots in the wild) but I might add some more slots after I get my custom Dex planned out and idk how much I'll want to add yet. (assuming I'd still be able to do that and have PGE work with the extra slots)
    Sorry if that's an inconvenience, If you need me to do so I can let you know how much slots I'll be having when I plan it out, which should be real soon, probably next week or something.

Last edited:
    Back