• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it possible to implement the RS contest system in an Emerald hack?

AetherBoyMicha

Aether Employee
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Contests are available pretty late in Emerald and I like the way Ruby and Sapphire implemented them. You could make a little journey out of working your way up to the different contest halls and I'd to try mimic this in the Emerald hack I'm idly working on. I don't know where to start though, especially considering these halls were replaced with the battle tents in Emerald.

How would I get the RS contest halls into Emerald? Would it be possible to keep just the general script so the contest and battle tent mechanics can reside simultaneously, maybe in the same building? And would I be able to 'shift' the rank order so the Normal Rank can be entered in Slateport?

Back