• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Alright, from my understanding the pokemon series including the show, video games and graphic novels are made in Japan. Since the natural disasters have been affecting Japan is it possible that if the headquarters where pokemon is developed is destroyed could that be the end of pokemon? Correct me if im wrong. Although im sure they make the show, video games, and the graphic novels in different places but what if they were destroyed? Is there any hope that pokemon would survive?

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
    Alright, from my understanding the pokemon series including the show, video games and graphic novels are made in Japan. Since the natural disasters have been affecting Japan is it possible that if the headquarters where pokemon is developed is destroyed could that be the end of pokemon? Correct me if im wrong. Although im sure they make the show, video games, and the graphic novels in different places but what if they were destroyed? Is there any hope that pokemon would survive?

Whaaaat? They most likely have the information on a network somewhere.

Not like there's a massive fanbase, anywhere.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Pokemon will not end because of the earthquakes/tsunami, they have pokemon of American, and various other branches in places like Europe and South Korea.

As for the comment about there not being a massive fan base any more your wrong. I don't think Black and White would get 1.08 million copies sold on opening day in the US if it didn't have a massive fan base, compared to the 780,000 when DP was released. Obviously there wouldn't be 800 plus people here at PC at this very moment if there wasn't a massive fan base.

Years
    Pokemon will not end because of the earthquakes/tsunami, they have pokemon of American, and various other branches in places like Europe and South Korea.

Yeah, but arent the shows and games made in Japan then translated to different languages? I don't think the pokemon branches in countries besides Japan make anything, but just translate.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    There Headquarters are located in Tokyo, which at the very most was slightly effected, it was mainly Sendai that got hit hard. Needless to say it is not over and there is nothing to worry about. The major concern is the people of Japan right now, so of course pokemon is put on the back burner for now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back