• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Is It Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikaRom

The Punk Nerd
    Years
    Could it be possible to complete FireRed/LeafGreen by starting with a Charmander and completing the entire game with it and not catching anything else? I remember that I almost proved that in Blue Version. With Charmander's new powerful attacks brought over from the RS Generation (Steel Claw at Lv. 12!!!) does anybody think this is possible?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Techinically you can't, because Charmander can't learn Surf or Fly and you need those to get around the game. But of you exclude HM slaves, then that brings us to another question:

Are you gonna evolve Charmander? Because the game will still be friggin' easy even with only one Pokemon.

If you aren't evolving it, then it might be a challenge, but it's still possible because your Charmander will be double the level of all your opponents since it's the only one getting all the experience.

Years
    Nope. Like aragornbird said, you need pokemon that can learn fly and surf. Plus, I doubt you'd want to stuff up your Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard with annoying HMs.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    FYI - I completed the FireRed version only using a Blastoise and an HM slave. That is how pathetic the in-game AI is. Of course, the game is set up as such that 6-year olds should be able to beat it, but they should at least incorporate difficulty settings.

White Lotus

As High As Wu-Tang Gets
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    but they should at least incorporate difficulty settings.

Nail meets head thanks to the professor. This is my main hope for the future of the series.

Years
    Well, it could be possibal! If you evolve char! But if you keep it unevolved ye, could be a tough time! And like everyone else has said, you need the HM's!

Xenesis

Syogun Changer
    Years
    White Lotus said:
    Nail meets head thanks to the professor. This is my main hope for the future of the series.

They already do have difficulty settings though.

SWITCH: Stupidly easy
    SET: Easy

Ria

Minx Extraordinaire
    Years
    Xenesis said:
    They already do have difficulty settings though.

SWITCH: Stupidly easy
    SET: Easy

Ahahaha... ack, that was eeeeeevil, man! ^^;

Well, to tell you the truth, I don't count the so-called "HM slaves" as the part of my team, since I never let them fight... which is kind of unfair, because I couldn't get squat done without of them... O.o What did I wanna say by that??? Oh, yeah, I mean, dude, you have to catch SOMETHING if you want a non-hacked game... if you don't, well... then you don't need pokemon at all ^^; Cheers!

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Concerning "HM Slaves": If you mean teaching all the HM moves to the one Pokemon, then I don't do it. I prefer to teach at least one HM move to one of my 'mon.
    HM Surf is quite a good move to use in battle, even in double battles.

Pikarom's Question: Well, if they could get rid of the bushes, the Dark Tunnel and most of the sea, then it would be a ridiculously easy game. But if your Charmander should faint, who will back it up?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

That shows how easy the game is, doesn't it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back