• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it true that silver (G/S/C rival) is Giovanni's son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    SBaby said:
    I wouldn't trust anything Wikipedia says. They've been wrong so many times that it's pathetic. Mainly this is due to the fact that fan rumors make up the bulk of their information on various Animes outside of summaries.

Never diss wikipedia..Its saved me countless times for essays on world topics...
    Maybe they're shaky on the whole anime thing..But thats slight considering how unimportant it is.

I strongly believe that silver is indeed giovanni's son

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    SBaby said:
    Nah, Agatha was only watching the Gym for Giovanni, if you're talking about the Anime.
    Wrong, Wiki pwns a lot. Most of the things on it are right, but some things just get biased because of different viewers editing different things.

*Orion*

Goner...
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Aug 8, 2006
    Recently, it was proven that Wikipedia is more reliable than the Britanic Encyclopedia, but...

I also believe Silver is Giovanni's son, but there are many ambiguities. And until it's said directly, it's just especulation.

Still, he's the most likely candidate. But eh... I shall keep an open mind until it's actually proven. =/

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    *Orion* said:
    Recently, it was proven that Wikipedia is more reliable than the Britanic Encyclopedia, but...

I also believe Silver is Giovanni's son, but there are many ambiguities. And until it's said directly, it's just especulation.

Still, he's the most likely candidate. But eh... I shall keep an open mind until it's actually proven. =/
    Wiki > all other 'clopedias.
    Its already been hinted way too much that Silver may just be Giovanni's son though.

Elusive

]]~~~[[
    Years
    I doubt it's Silver. I think that Giovanni's son is yet to be found. Maybe some character in D/P. .-. Could happen.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I'm not convinced that the GSC rival is Giovanni's son, just because of one obscure reference. Even if he was, I doubt it would matter too much, IIRC the GSC rival didn't like Team Rocket much either, or never got involved with them.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    You know, for a long time I thought Red was supposed to be Giovanni's son, since we never really get to hear what happened to his father, but this Silver thing makes a lot of sense...

Idunno, I've never really put that much thought into it. I guess it would make sense, but I think it'd be cooler if Giovanni's son came back in D/P.

EDIT: Oh, and sorry for reviving a rather dead topic, but I just sorta found this interesting...

/Apologize

.: Giovanni :.

Tool...
    Years
    Yes, I'm here too put an end to this controversy. My son is...

Anyway...it's quite possible that both the G/S/C rival has red hair and his son does too. Maybe it his or maybe its not. Until they actually tell us all we can do is guess.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Giovanni doesn't exactly take the role of "loving and uplifting father figure" to me. XD; And since the character Silver is rather pessimistic, maybe he's the son of a man who is inclined to betrayl, deceit and a sense of carelessness in his role as a parent, such as Giovanni. :O

Of course that's nothing but my personal opinions. XD Anyway, I do believe it to be quite possible that Silver could be Giovanni's son...and because I have nothing else to say ATM I'm going to end this post right now. :x

~Kelsey

Years
    This is what I think:
    -It cant be Lance or Lorelei, because he couldn't mistake a 20-something year old for a kid.
    -Misty could be his kid, because she's about the right age, and it could be a girl(Its says the same thing with a female character)
    -Its either Misty or Silver, Misty and Silver, or someone not in any game/episode/movie/etc. so far.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    gs135790 said:
    they're only in there late-20's/early-30's.

Lance's age group would fit, but Lorelei......? Hmmmm... she looks pretty old for that age group for me..
    sry if I went out of topic :P

Blaze Dragon

Blazes of Wisdom
    Years
    Silver IS Giovanni´s son. Some proof:
    -On FR/LG the scientist says that Giovanni´s son has red hair
    -Silver hates Team Rocket. It could be because his father, their leader, didn´t gave him the right time
    -Silver´s nature is almost the same as Giovanni
    And finally the useless proof:
    Spoiler:

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
    I say Silver is Gio's son, for a few reasons...

1. The big one. Their personalities are very similar, including stealing other people's Pokies and basically treating them like servants (at least before Silver realizes the error of his ways, and Gio's Persian may be an exception.)

2. I think that Silver's true reason for hating the Rockets is because he dislikes his own dad, perhaps because he wasn't treated too kindly. Not too surprising on Gio's part.

3. If you look at their expressions, they aren't really that different. They both have a little sinister touch to them. Their hair is extremely different though. XD

4. They both want to be the toughest trainer in the world. And both seem to care about strong Pokies and victory over most things. (Again, Giovanni's Persian may be an exception)

BUT... Who's Silver's mommy??? XD

enyce

banned
    Years
    The Songbird said:
    BUT... Who's Silver's mommy??? XD

OMG ive been wondering the same thing...But since he has red hair and Giovanni doesnt. Im guessing Lorelei of the elite four. Or some strange female character we werent introduced to yet.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Maybe Misty is his mum...hehe nope. Definatly not, waay too young. Anyway, I agree with the reasons why Silver wouldn't like Team Rocket because of his dad. And I agree that the mother would probably be someone strong, not a weak trainer.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    There obviously is a mother; the mother just mightn't play a part in it. -shrug- Hell, Silver might even be a kid of a totally different person.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I think Silver (my rival's name is Jack) is Giovanni's son. He has nicked a Pokemon from the start of G/S/C (Team Rocket's theivery). And he says a lot of being the most powerful trainer, and he has no respect for his Pokemon (definately Rocket worthy).
    If he is, there should be evidence in the R/B/Y and G/S/C plot that connects this with TR's split.
    Oh, and Silver also appears in Pokemon Stadium 2 with Lugia, Ho-oh and Mewtwo. So he has a facination with Legendaries (Rockets again).

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2006
    What does the legendary pokemon in Pokemon Stadium 2 have to do with anything? Pokemon Stadium I dont think has any connection with the games or manga.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back