• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Missingno. actually trying to be a numbered pokemon?

Years
    I mean it has been in every pokemon game on the GBC/GBA. Nintendo probably left it in there for us to catch....Like Sapphire & Ruby which had 3 different ones...

Do you think it'll be in Diamond or Pearl

Tamer Marco

Elite Trainer
    Years
    Okay, to make this clear for EVERYBODY, MissingNo. was removed in all versions since Pokemon Yellow. It was possible to trade your MissingNo. from Red or Blue and work your way up from there, but you cannot get it in Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald and so on...

Years
    Missingno. isn't a Pok?mon. It's a placeholder that's used when the game gets passed a dud pointer.
    The Game Boy was an 8 bit device, meaning that every data variable has 2^8 (256) possibilities, which applies to Pok?mon indexing, as well. But since there were only 151 Pok?mon, that leaves 105 unused slots. To prevent the game from crashing in a less graceful manner, when the game is to use one of these numbers for a Pok?mon, it displays it as a Missingno. instead.
    Pok?mon Advanced stores Pok?mon numbers using 32 bits, meaning there's 4294966910 different kinds of Missingno. just waiting to be captured! :P

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Chimecho's Passion said:
    I mean it has been in every pokemon game on the GBC/GBA. Nintendo probably left it in there for us to catch....Like Sapphire & Ruby which had 3 different ones...

Do you think it'll be in Diamond or Pearl
    No Missingno is just a code a ,virus.Not a real pokemon.It imiates as one but it's ins't. :\ .

Tamer Marco

Elite Trainer
    Years
    Lord_Jaws1 said:
    Actually it is possible to get Missingno in R/S/E/FR/LG by using a Gameshark.
    Can you prove that? People with simple programs like paint can easily take a screenshot of a battle and switch it up to make it look like MissingNo.- Its really just a stupid thing. And for the bad egg, it never hatches.

Years
    Missingno is a code gone bad in the new versions.They have edited out of every version since yellow as well.So I don't think it is XD.

Years
    You guys are fruits: Missingno is so in Yellow, I've seen it, but when I tried to duplicate my items, it glitched up. You just do the Mew glitch, but instead of fighting the youngster, you fight a fisherman near route 12. I can't remember which one, but this is 100% truth.
    I don't know about Missingno in new games, though, I did hear that it was possible on this one site, but I can't remember which...

~Chibi~

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    Yeah, You CAN Get It In Yellow, But When I Traded It To GSC, It Evolved Into A Ditto =/.And There Are 4 Missingnos In GSC That You Can Get With A Gameshark.
    And I've Seen It In Ruby(On A Rom With A Gameshark).I'll Post Some Pics:

the Classic Red/Blue Missingno

The M Block From Red And Blue

The Red And Blue Missingno's Pokedex Data

One Of The GSC Missingnos

It's Pokedex Data

The Ruby/Sapphire Missingno

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    THE Missingo glitch from RBY was removed after RBY. What everyone else is showing is another glitch in the system, which Nintendo would NOT have intentionally put in. You really think that Nintendo would put a glitch in their game? o_O

Anyways, this should be in General Games. I'll move it for you ^_^

Moving on up...

C.O.H

Patrick Star
    Years
    As everybody already mentioned, Missingo is from R/B/Y and does not excist in the other games, if you think they excist, please prove it, (not with screenshots)

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    they didn't "remove" the glitch they just made more pokemon with filled up the 255 minimum they needed

Rini

Trainer since August 1997
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Mar 18, 2005
    Using the lavaridge egg codes, you can get missingno. here are some codes :-----------------------
    MissingNo. Egg
    Ruby: 320B31B9 8795B1B9
    Sapp: 16903EAB 2789E501

AR v3
    -----------------------
    MissingNo. Egg
    Ruby:
    FD78F257 F6D1C816
    F8A224A7 5C90B52B
    Sapp:
    9B78FA02 2FF826E7
    F8A224A7 5C90B52B

Here are the rest of the codes you will need :
    GS/AR v1/v2
    -----------------------
    (m)
    Ruby:
    9E6AC862 823AB7A8
    46B7D9E4 A709E9E1
    Sapp:
    9E6AC862 823AB7A8
    8365F8FA 817CF3E9

Lavaridge Egg Enabler
    C6500699 A423FC68

Fast Egg Hatch
    D7A2E463 9F64ABFA

AR v3
    -----------------------
    (m)
    Ruby:
    DE00AAFD 2EBD05D0
    530823D9 16558191
    Sapp:
    DE00AAFD 2EBD05D0
    B4564EFE 23F44BF2

Lavaridge Egg Enabler
    46813A10 82A13FB1

Fast Egg Hatch
    9E17B966 367DE205

I got this codes from soapman's glitch guide on gamefaqs.com. This is the code for the safe missingno that doesn't mess up your game. It says "Get the egg from
    the lady, hatch it, viola, a new little bundle of joy."

Although it has been a long time, I can verify these codes work, at least on sapphire. I just started a new game on a ruby rom and when I get as far as lavaridge I'll let you know if they work there too.

Anyway, This pokemon only has one attack, and it is a normal pokemon. There are alot of codes on loadingNOW's and Mastersord's code guides on gamefaqs. I'm not sure which the code is on, but one of them has one to make any pokemon learn any tm/hm move, which should work for missingno (i hope). I haven't tried that yet. Also, there are scails you can get that can teach any moves to pokemon. There are also codes for that.

Here are the links:

https://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/pokemon_rs_na_gs.txt ---loadingNOW's code lists

https://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/pokemon_rs_gs.txt -- --mastersord's code lists

and for the heck of it,

https://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/pokemon_rs_glitches.txt ---Soapman's glitch guide

These are long lists so to find the ones you need I suggest you use ctrl + f and then type in what you are looking for, or you the handy number system and type that in find.

I hope this helps.

(EDIT)
    Ok I got a Missingno, I don't think the fast hatch I gave you works, but this one does : 9E17B966 367DE205

Also if that missingno code doesn't work, this one should: CBD2E675 36131AFD . I think these codes work for both games.

I have attached a image of Missingno's nickname screen. His original name is ????.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2006
    The glitch has been apparent in all the games in different forms. The argument that it is not missingno. in the rest, but a different glitch is based on opinion. It is the same thing, just caused differently and named differently. It was named missingno in RBY during gametesting, so whenever missingno appeared, they would fix it (Missingno = Missing Number). They must have missed the possible ways of getting missingno. the ones in other games are still the same glitch, just activated differently, and they have different names due to either test names (???...) or errors caused by the glitch (unreadable mumbo jumbo)

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    C.O.H said:
    As everybody already mentioned, Missingo is from R/B/Y and does not excist in the other games, if you think they excist, please prove it, (not with screenshots)
    *sighs* missingno is in ruby/sapphire and leaf green/fire red.Just look up two posts from your original post.

Tweaker

=P
    Years
    MetalMario said:
    Missingno. isn't a Pok?mon. It's a placeholder that's used when the game gets passed a dud pointer.
    The Game Boy was an 8 bit device, meaning that every data variable has 2^8 (256) possibilities, which applies to Pok?mon indexing, as well. But since there were only 151 Pok?mon, that leaves 105 unused slots. To prevent the game from crashing in a less graceful manner, when the game is to use one of these numbers for a Pok?mon, it displays it as a Missingno. instead.
    Pok?mon Advanced stores Pok?mon numbers using 32 bits, meaning there's 4294966910 different kinds of Missingno. just waiting to be captured! :P
    You guys should listen to him. This is a perfect explaination on the Missingno glitch.

Years
    MetalMario said:
    The Game Boy was an 8 bit device, meaning that every data variable has 2^8 (256) possibilities, which applies to Pok?mon indexing, as well. But since there were only 151 Pok?mon, that leaves 105 unused slots.

i only found 2 kinds of missingno. in red. one named Missingno. the other named M. are you telling me that there are 103 more, or did game freak find a way to patch some of that up during game testing? and why did the glitch appear how it did? my guess is that game freak tried hiding it once, but that was the best they could do

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...NO. Missingno does NOT exist in R/S/FR/LG. I suppose theoretically you could trade it from RBY to GSC or to Stadium (I'd like to see someone try to pull that off....lol), but since the connections were severed when they moved to GBA (which I am STILL TICKED OFF ABOUT!!!!!!!!), Missingno is no longer available. I don't know why someone would want it, anyway......It would increase the chances of your game wrecking.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    you can get it using game shark

only for idiots. You can force the game (using codes) to make the 1000th pokemon appear (or whatever is in that 1000th spot of data) and as there is none you force misingno to appear

Back