• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Is my Diancie hacked?

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
Years
  • I recently got a Diancie from a random passerby, (I gave him my shiny Serperior for it) and I did not realize until I received it, but it literally has no name. Now, I think it's just my imagination, but a few of my Pokemon aren't in my box anymore. I honestly think I must have just traded them and forgotten, but it is a bit strange. Is it even possible for a Pokemon to have no name? If not, is this a sort of hack that could ruin my game?

Is my Diancie hacked?

I have provided an image of it, (sorry its sideways) for the record this is in my Pokemon X game, and I couldn't find what area I should post it in.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not too sure on whether or not if it's possible to nickname Pokémon with only a space, but if it is, perhaps that could be what transpired here?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm not too sure on whether or not if it's possible to nickname Pokémon with only a space, but if it is, perhaps that could be what transpired here?

Even if it is, no Diancie is nicknamable because they were all solely event, so the no name alone is most assuredly a hack, but even more than that, no event pokemon can be traded on the GTS or Wonder Trade (not sure when the original poster said they got it from a passerby if they meant from an actual passerby or from wonder trade/gts) so if you got it like that, then that's even double confirmation it's a hack, but if you got it from an actual passerby/acquaintance or friend on your list, then that is totally possible no problem but the no name thing is definitely a hack.

And as for ruining your game, hacks you get from other people don't do anything to your game, so you're safe there. The hacks are self contained to the pokemon and even then if the pokemon has any quality about it that are not legitimate (such as a move it can't actually learn) trading over the internet actually hack checks the pokemon and won't allow it to be traded (tried to trade with someone to get a Pansear with Fire Pledge, trading wouldn't allow it to happen) so any pokemon you get traded to you is technically possible as long as it was traded over the internet. (person to person directly connecting the 3ds without internet assistance maybe not) so any pokemon you have is only affecting itself and won't harm any other pokemon. The only time you need to worry about a hack ruining your game is if you're actively using a cheat device on your game, then anything could happen, but getting the spoils from someone else hacking their game isn't going to harm yours.

And on a side note, before someone brings it up, while technically a no name event pokemon is not possible, it still follows the same rule as all other pokemon, meaning that it has a Trainer name, a Trainer ID and a Secret Trainer ID in it's coding, so it it were ever to be traded to a game that happened to have the correct Trainer Name, Trainer ID and Secret Trainer ID then it would absolutely be nicknameable as it would be governed by the same rules every other pokemon is under, so the hackcheck would not block a nicknamed event pokemon because it is still technically possible to nickname that pokemon.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Nah

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
    Years
  • Even if it is, no Diancie is nicknamable because they were all solely event, so the no name alone is most assuredly a hack, but even more than that, no event pokemon can be traded on the GTS or Wonder Trade (not sure when the original poster said they got it from a passerby if they meant from an actual passerby or from wonder trade/gts) so if you got it like that, then that's even double confirmation it's a hack, but if you got it from an actual passerby/acquaintance or friend on your list, then that is totally possible no problem but the no name thing is definitely a hack.

And as for ruining your game, hacks you get from other people don't do anything to your game, so you're safe there. The hacks are self contained to the pokemon and even then if the pokemon has any quality about it that are not legitimate (such as a move it can't actually learn) trading over the internet actually hack checks the pokemon and won't allow it to be traded (tried to trade with someone to get a Pansear with Fire Pledge, trading wouldn't allow it to happen) so any pokemon you get traded to you is technically possible as long as it was traded over the internet. (person to person directly connecting the 3ds without internet assistance maybe not) so any pokemon you have is only affecting itself and won't harm any other pokemon. The only time you need to worry about a hack ruining your game is if you're actively using a cheat device on your game, then anything could happen, but getting the spoils from someone else hacking their game isn't going to harm yours.

And on a side note, before someone brings it up, while technically a no name event pokemon is not possible, it still follows the same rule as all other pokemon, meaning that it has a Trainer name, a Trainer ID and a Secret Trainer ID in it's coding, so it it were ever to be traded to a game that happened to have the correct Trainer Name, Trainer ID and Secret Trainer ID then it would absolutely be nicknameable as it would be governed by the same rules every other pokemon is under, so the hackcheck would not block a nicknamed event pokemon because it is still technically possible to nickname that pokemon.

Ah okay, thank you so much! I got it from a passerby who requested a trade, so not the gts nor wonder trade. I didn't notice it had no name and I hadn't received Diancie on my dex yet so I accepted.

Back