• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is my Palkia Good Natured?

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2007
    I got very lucky last night. I was at the Spear Pillar trying to catch Palkia. I kept resetting trying to get a good nature. I must of did it about 30 times when a shiny Palkia appeared before my eyes! Needless to say I was very excited. Not taking any chances I snatched it with the masterball. I still cant get over my luck.

Well it has a naughty nature and i would love some opinions on weather its good or bad. I am just glad its a nature that doesn't lower Sp.atack or speed.

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
    lol Yea, pretty much the sheer fact that you managed to catch a legit shiny legendary should be enough for you. =P

But as far as Naughty goes, um, I guess it isn't that good, since it lowers its higher defensive stat, and leaves Palkia somewhat lacking defensively now. And Physical attacks are few for it, aside from Dragon Claw and Aqua Tail, which you'd be better off with using Spacial Rend and Surf...

Blah, I'd just call it in a win for you. How often would you use such a legendary anyway? It's quite the trophy, regardless of such values. Be proud. ^^;

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2007
    Yes I am a girl ;) I am glad everyone here seems to think its a big deal catching one. Considering when i saw it was a shiny I started running around the house with excitement, luckily no one was home.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    That's the reason I don't like shinies, because 90% of the time they're the wrong nature. Ah well, not like it matters for in-game battling, anyways.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    That's the reason I don't like shinies, because 90% of the time they're the wrong nature. Ah well, not like it matters for in-game battling, anyways.

Well, not for most. But some shinies just look 10x sweeter shiny than normal (i.e. Metagross, Nidoking, etc.) and it really helps to have a good natured one.

Back