• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is PBR a good buy?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    I recently got a ton of money from my dad for working while he went. I heard some people really didin't like it and to really enjoy you have to have pokemon diamond or pearl (which I have).

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • If you have your own D/P game, are into competitive battling and access to Wi-Fi, then I would recommend getting it. The in-game battles are really boring and you don't get much out of winning other than money to buy items and new costumes. But the Wi-Fi battling is entertaining.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    If you have your own D/P game, are into competitive battling and access to Wi-Fi, then I would recommend getting it. The in-game battles are really boring and you don't get much out of winning other than money to buy items and new costumes. But the Wi-Fi battling is entertaining.
    Does the Wi-Fi lag like brawl?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • Does the Wi-Fi lag like brawl?

Sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. During the scene where the Pokemon battle eachother, it doesn't lag. But if you're selecting the attacks you want your Pokemon to use, sometimes it will take a while.

For example, You select the option "Fight". Then it takes 15 seconds before you get to decide what attack to use. Then you select an attack. Then you wait another 15 seconds before you get to pick the Pokemon you want to use the attack on.

It's really not that big of a deal though considering it doesn't happen all the time.

Years
  • I have to agree with wakachamo. it's just not a good game. It doesn't have a story mode or anything. I played it for 15 minutes, then put it away for a while, then sold it to my friend for 45 dollars. He then got tired of it and sold it again. xD

Sevre90210

insert title here <----
    Years
  • I wouldn't buy it, sadly I did. I got bored after a day, if you really want Pokemon on your Wii pick up a gamecube controller and buy Colosseum and Gale of Darkness!

I wouldn't buy it, sadly I did. I got bored after a day, if you really want Pokemon on your Wii pick up a gamecube controller and buy Colosseum and Gale of Darkness!

I wouldn't buy it, sadly I did. I got bored after a day, if you really want Pokemon on your Wii pick up a gamecube controller and buy Colosseum and Gale of Darkness!

Last edited:

la increible Esteban

I love your girl
    Years
  • Even a pokemon fan I can't reccomend buy that game. PBR is more like a bad expansion pack for diamond/pearl that you happen to play on the Wii. Being able to customize your trainer dosen't make up for the horrible A.I. Some of the attacks are fun to look at but other than that this game does very little even for a pokemon fan

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
    Years
  • I personally don't think so because it's not even fun with pokemon diamond and pearl and even with those games it's not fun but that's just my view you might like it.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • PBR is a good way of battling your friends with diamond/pearl when you have a Wii but no wifi. We did that countless times and still do sometimes even though we all have wifi now, just because it looks cooler and it's fun to watch. :P

Back