• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Pokémon Gold & Silver: The Golden Boys canon?

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Does it have any contradictions to canon anime and manga events if it isn't canon?

It's official, licensed, and isn't fan made. But is it actually canon?

The one made by Muneo Saito. It even has a Black Tyranitar Pokemon in it. XD

JB2448

A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    Each manga has its own canon separate from each other (Pokémon Special, though the most popular manga internationally (and my personal favorite), is a separate canon from either the games or the anime (which each have their own canon, as well). So, yes, Golden Boys has its own canon separate from Pokémon Pocket Monsters, Pokémon Special, Diamond and Pearl Adventure, the anime, and the games.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I mean, can the canon established in the anime co-exist with this manga? This manga after all, does not have Ash in it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I'm not asking if they're separate canons or not. I'm asking if they can co-exist. After all, the characters of The Golden Boys were never in the anime and the manga could have happened before the anime. I'm asking if any of The Golden Boys canon conflicts with the anime.

FOR EXAMPLE in some mangas, Lorelie and Lance are evil. That's not the case in the anime. Which means they conflict/cannot co-exist. Is this the case for The Golden Boys?

JB2448

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    Golden Boys cannot exist in the anime canon, since the Johto region portrayed in Golden Boys is way different from the Johto region portrayed in the anime.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Unless it happened before the anime? How different is this manga Johto region from the anime?

Last edited:

JB2448

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    As far as I know, I'm pretty sure the anime has an exclusive location. Also, the towns in the anime are vastly different than their portrayal in The Golden Boys.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Yes, but do those exclusive locations conflict with each other if joined together in 1 reality?

Or do those locations only exist in the manga and not in the anime? Or vice versa?

JB2448

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    Gold from Golden Boys would conflict with Jimmy/Kenta from the anime. Also, Charicific/Lizafic Valley can not exist in Golden Boys, or there would probably be some mention of it.

JB2448

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    I wish I could post images, but I don't have enough posts yet. Gold and Jimmy are the counterparts of the male main character of the games.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Oh but that's not really a conflict since they look different and have different names. XD

What about Johtho and the valley?

JB2448

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    The way Violet City is designed in Golden Boys doesn't exactly leave room for a valley the size of Charicific, to be honest.

JB2448

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    I guess not, but there's no way to be sure, especially considering Golden Boys is unfinished.

JB2448

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    It didn't really have an end, per se. It just kinda stopped being published. Sorry if my wording confused you.

Back