• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Pokemon childish??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
Years
  • Pokemon are not childish... Everyone likes them even my parents and my bigger sister and little bro likes them especially me :3

Years
  • Lol, I try to pretend it's dumb when I'm around friends. I'm 14 and I still love the whole concept (except the anime >.<). I got Red a few years after it came out, and I was hooked. The only thing childish about Pokémon is the anime. I love the manga, Pokémon Special, though. =3

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I love Pokemon and yes I'm 17 and proud of it, been watching it since day one. A lot of people know that I love Pokemon, and I still wear my Pokemon keychains with me and sometimes I bring random Pokemon dolls. Age ain't nothing but a number

:t354:TG

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
  • the show is childish. thats a fact. but the games i dont think are. i know when i was in HS i knew a lot of people who played pokemon.

Ayselipera

The show may be childish, but the games aren't
    Plus you really can't judge it till you play.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Hmm, I guess it's a little bit childish, but that would be more aimed at the anime, in my opinion anyway.
    But the games, no, just no. Even though the game and well the anime has a 3+ age group, that means it's suitable for that age and up. I know that was very obvious, but just stating that. The game sometimes can be pretty hard to get through, and you also needs brains to finish them, obviously. So, I wouldn't really see a 3 year old beating the game, and being able to sit there all day playing, and be concentrating. Well, I couldn't see that happening. Pokemon is really for all age groups, it's an RPG which is very fun, well for me anyway, RPG is the best type of game in my opinion. RPG games can be fun, interesting, helpful, and hard. These types of games can drag anyone to them I think.
    Like one time I let my older brother play one of my pokemon games, this was a while ago though. He really didn't like them though, but he tried it out, and he liked it, and cleared it, because he's pretty awesome at gaming. xD He's really older than me, and he liked it. Not a 5 year old at all.

People who say it's for 5 year olds and stuff like that, never even played the games. They just think the pokemon look babyish. There's people like that in my school, and there's a good few people that play pokemon games too. They are pretty intelligent like myself, so that would state that Pokemon is educational. In a reading way and it would also improve your punctuation and your spellings, it's very good.

As for the anime, it's interesting, I don't see how it's just restricted to 5 year olds and such, it's for anybody. If you like it, you can watch the anime, or even play the game. I prefer the games though, but the anime is alright, there's nothing wrong with it at all.
    Just like, well i'll take Grand Theft Auto for an example. It's not restriced to 18 year olds, although it's more suitable for them, people over and under that age play them, and the same goes with any other game, just pick one, and it'll be the same.

I don't slag others on what they are interested in, I would just say they are fools and not intelligent at all. Seriously though, don't take any notice of those people slagging you about liking pokemon.

Lots of people like it anyway, just look at this community, there's like over 100,000 members on here, so that is another way of looking at it.
    Well, thats all I have to say about this. ^^

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • Your friends are retards. Try explaining to them about EV training and all the number crunching that goes into that. No five year old can do that. The anime, while it can be entertaining sometimes (or it was entertaining at time s before Dawn (grrrr....and I was just getting used to May) came along), is mainly for kids. However the game is for everyone. Sure kids can play it but...

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I wouldn't go around saying that I play pokemon in my school.

Honestly I wouldn't see why you wouldn't, maybe for people having a go about it. But that's easy enough to ignore, right?
    They're are many people that do play Pokemon, as you can see by just this forum.

Last edited:

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
  • pokemon games were popular when i went to HS. no one hated you for liking it

Years
  • The anime slightly is, but it taught me a lot. xD
    The manga and games? Not really. xD
    I barely get teased or sneered at, because I'm...er...nevermind, it's not important. xD
    Anyway, to hell about what they think, you like what ever you want.

Oh yeah, when there's cursing, hot spring scenes, violence, death threats, and the common phrase, "Sexy lady," it's not childish. Yeah, just have the lil' kiddies look at that all day.
    People who know me very well, will know what I'm referring to, hahaha. >.>

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • We loved Pokemon when we were kids, why shouldn't we love it now?
    Maybe it's because most likely the little toddler that used to like watching the show have outgrowned it, and now dispise the series? There are many reasons why children do not adore Pokémon anymore.

pokemon games were popular when i went to HS. no one hated you for liking it
    How old are you now, and what year was it when you were still in high school? Things has changed. Pokémon was not like what it used to be backed in it was first started.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • Why are people saying that the games aren't childish because of EVs, IV, etc? You don't need any of those things to play the game. Most people don't even know they exist since they're so insignificant.

Anyway, Satoshi Tajiri made the game so children could enjoy what he thought they would like as a kid. Some people here are in denile obviously.

1. Yet they do exist and they're another way to play the game. They make competitive battling more interesting. And given the emphasis placed on them on the internet, it's doubtful that most people are unaware of their existence.
    2. In denial about what exactly? Yes that is why he made the games so they could enjoy collecting creatures like he did as a kid due to urbanization. However what's your point?

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    pokemon is great im 12 and i haven't grown out of it its great im even making my own

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • well, i've liked it since i was was 3. then add 9. i'll get embarresed around other people at school for example. sometimes i'll talk and i'll say something about pokemon to my friends and i'll be like ohhhh crapppp!!!! But i normally keep it a extremely tight secret. kind of like a alter ego compared to how i am around my friends.

accually, when you buy cards it says "Pokemon TCG ages 10+ to play"
    i know 40 year olds that love it.
    and besides, it teaches things like caring, friendship, bravery, ect.

Years
  • I love pokemon since i was a little girl, and i will always love it, no matter what others will think about it.

Enjoy from the things you love, this things really doesnt have any age... 5, 10, 20, its doesnt matter, as long as you love it.

And dont let anybody to ruin it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back