• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there a way to get a 6IV MewTwo?

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    Just asking.

I'd rather breed a 6IV poke'mon like Alakazam, rather than start and reset my game a bajillion times, until the MewTwo I caught had 6 IV's. Even if it had 5 perfect IV's, not sure atm which IV I'd want to sacrifice, or which nature I'd want.

Figured if there was any place to ask, it'd be here.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    The chance is there, my advice though is to just soft reset for nature and then level them up. If you have Su/Mo you can now hyper train your favourite legendaries to be equivalent of 6IV so nature is the key thing.

I reset in Pokemon Y until I got a Modest MewTwo and have now hyper trained him up to 6IV level.

Max out poke pelago for the treasure hunting island for shards that you can eventually trade for bottle caps in Festival plaza, get a bottle cap from Magearna and build up your festival plaza for lottery shops the first try of most you get a bottle cap from. I think I now have all but 2 festival plaza attractions as lotteries and have now hyper trained my Timid Tapu Koko as well.

You can also try fishing at certain spots for the chance of bottle caps ive not tried that yet but will do soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    I realize hacking the game and teaching the Poke'mon moves it should never know, even as egg moves, is highly frowned upon in the community and a form of cheating. What about hacking the game though, where I simply set the IV's and nature the way I want?

I mean there are so many hacked Poke'mon out there anyways, if it was just simply setting the IV's, and nature, it's really not destructively exploitation to the community.

I have no idea how this community feels about hacked poke'mon, and I have no idea if I hacked the game and simply set IV's and nature, if that could get me in trouble or not.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I realize hacking the game and teaching the Poke'mon moves it should never know, even as egg moves, is highly frowned upon in the community and a form of cheating. What about hacking the game though, where I simply set the IV's and nature the way I want?

I mean there are so many hacked Poke'mon out there anyways, if it was just simply setting the IV's, and nature, it's really not destructively exploitation to the community.

I have no idea how this community feels about hacked poke'mon, and I have no idea if I hacked the game and simply set IV's and nature, if that could get me in trouble or not.

Hacking pokemon generally is frowned upon because the trouble is if done properly you cant tell the difference between a legit and hacked one. I did it in gen 4 but since I started learning about breeding in gen 5 and onwards id rather have a legit bred pokemon of my own than a hackmon. Same with legendaries, ill trade or get events myself and soft reset rather than hack them.

Most 6IV Japanese dittos you see are hacked though as its nigh on impossible to get legit ones (destinedJagolds ones in trade thread are legit from older gen) including my own. I've shared them with others and openly tell them they are in no way legitimate.

Ill happily clone legit pokemon though, I know some still frown upon that but I don't particularly care and as long as im open about it then those that dont like it wont be affected.

Back