• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Is there a way to make 3D Tilesets?

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2023
    I want to preface this by saying I just got back into making games and wanted to do something different than traditional, so I'm trying to make a game of my own with kind of Gen V-ish Tilesets and sprites. I could just use the Tilesets, but I'd much rather make them look 3D like in the actual game.

I realize there is a way to do this with RPG Maker MV, but as far as I can tell, Pokemon Essentials is not supported by that yet. Looking back, I can also see that someone asked this question before, all the way back in 2013, where Neo-Mode 7 was recommended and linked. However, 1. It's probably outdated, and 2. The link that was given to Neo-Mode was just to the script, without any direction on how to make things 3D.

To clarify, when I say 3D, I mean the way that the buildings stand out against the background in the Black and White games, and even Gen 4, unlike previous Gen 3 games where it looks stuck to the ground. I simply want to do this because I got burnout making a game that didn't have any uniqueness to it, so I want to add a flare to it like 3D models or something. If anyone knows a way to do this PLEASE let me know! Thank you in advance!

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • Pokemon Insurgence had a way to do it, but you need to de-compile the scripts, and it only works on much older versions of Essentials

Back