• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

is there any point?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Except , Pikachu didn't destroyed Viridian Pokemon Center .
    It was Koffin's Gas that got conducted to Pikachu's Electricity and blow up the Pokemon Center.

Yeah, and considering Pikachu was responsible for igniting Koffing's gas (which apparently was explosive enough to actually blow the entire thing up and not just the lobby, that shows it's power.

Either way, I'm just going by what Team Rocket stated was the case. Take it what you will, it's still what the story stated.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Yeah, and considering Pikachu was responsible for igniting Koffing's gas (which apparently was explosive enough to actually blow the entire thing up and not just the lobby, that shows it's power.

Either way, I'm just going by what Team Rocket stated was the case. Take it what you will, it's still what the story stated.

Even a single flame is enough to ignite Koffing's Gas !
    And Koffing spread his gas all other the Pokemon Center .
    It was the Power of Koffing Gas that blow the Pokemon Center , not Pikachu .
    Jessie & James was just an idiots for never realizing that While Meowth is too ashamed to admit that he as a Cat lost to an Ordinary Mouse .

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Even a single flame is enough to ignite Koffing's Gas !
    And Koffing spread his gas all other the Pokemon Center .
    It was the Power of Koffing Gas that blow the Pokemon Center , not Pikachu .
    Jessie & James was just an idiots for never realizing that While Meowth is too ashamed to admit that he as a Cat lost to an Ordinary Mouse .

Last time I checked, the gas had long dissipated by the time they came into full view (the gas was that green smoke that engulfed the area). In fact, Koffing doesn't even use the gas again until right when Pikachu was shocking them the second time around, and it was clearly involuntary, so unless you mean to tell me Koffing's gas somehow because odorless and colorless right after it first "dissipated," it's pretty clear that the first gassing was not responsible for the explosion. Not to mention, even if you were correct and somehow Koffing's gas did remain after it "dissipated" after the motto, don't you think the first electric shock (the one that multiple Pikachu used to both recover Pikachu AND shock Jessie, James, Koffing and Ekans the first time arond) alone would have blown up the Pokémon Center instead of after Pikachu acted as a dynamo for Misty's Bike and shocked all five of them (including Meowth)?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Last time I checked, the gas had long dissipated by the time they came into full view (the gas was that green smoke that engulfed the area). In fact, Koffing doesn't even use the gas again until right when Pikachu was shocking them the second time around, and it was clearly involuntary, so unless you mean to tell me Koffing's gas somehow because odorless and colorless right after it first "dissipated," it's pretty clear that the first gassing was not responsible for the explosion. Not to mention, even if you were correct and somehow Koffing's gas did remain after it "dissipated" after the motto, don't you think the first electric shock (the one that multiple Pikachu used to both recover Pikachu AND shock Jessie, James, Koffing and Ekans the first time arond) alone would have blown up the Pokémon Center instead of after Pikachu acted as a dynamo for Misty's Bike and shocked all five of them (including Meowth)?

Why not You watch the episode again before arguing with me !
    The Explosion was cause by Koffing gas .
    It was leaking Gas when it chase after Ash & Pikachu .
    And It was still leaking Gas when it was getting shock by Pikachu until the Electricity ignite the Gas .
    The Gas didn't Dissipated .
    I rewatched the episode few weak ago So I have Solid memory of it .
    So , If you want to say anything more then rewatch the episode .

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Why not You watch the episode again before arguing with me !
    The Explosion was cause by Koffing gas .
    It was leaking Gas when it chase after Ash & Pikachu .
    And It was still leaking Gas when it was getting shock by Pikachu until the Electricity ignite the Gas .
    The Gas didn't Dissipated .
    I rewatched the episode few weak ago So I have Solid memory of it .
    So , If you want to say anything more then rewatch the episode .

I definitely recall the episode in my head, and while he does occasionally belch out puffs of smoke during the attack on the Viridian City Pokémon Center, it was nowhere near the quantity used when Koffing effectively created a gas-screen to have Team Rocket appear inside the Pokémon Center, and the gas dissipated by the time they finished the motto, and only returned to actually belching lots of gas AFTER Pikachu shocked them (and let me remind you, that WASN'T the first time they got shocked, as those Pikachu when resuscitating Pikachu also electrocuted Team Rocket beforehand, with only Meowth not actually being hit at that time, and it was pretty obvious Koffing wasn't expelling that gas during that time. Otherwise, Pikachu wouldn't have even needed to shock them afterwards to blow up the gas and thus the Pokémon Center. That should be common sense.). I also remember they cut the power to the Pokémon Center earlier, thus necessitating a backup power supply via various Pikachu and then transporting the Pokeballs to the Pewter City Pokémon Center nearby.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I definitely recall the episode in my head, and while he does occasionally belch out puffs of smoke during the attack on the Viridian City Pokémon Center, it was nowhere near the quantity used when Koffing effectively created a gas-screen to have Team Rocket appear inside the Pokémon Center, and the gas dissipated by the time they finished the motto, and only returned to actually belching lots of gas AFTER Pikachu shocked them (and let me remind you, that WASN'T the first time they got shocked, as those Pikachu when resuscitating Pikachu also electrocuted Team Rocket beforehand, with only Meowth not actually being hit at that time, and it was pretty obvious Koffing wasn't expelling that gas during that time. Otherwise, Pikachu wouldn't have even needed to shock them afterwards to blow up the gas and thus the Pokémon Center. That should be common sense.). I also remember they cut the power to the Pokémon Center earlier, thus necessitating a backup power supply via various Pikachu and then transporting the Pokeballs to the Pewter City Pokémon Center nearby.

You obviously not remember it correctly !
    When Ash's Pikachu wake up then all other Pikachu show up to cover him and Shock Team Rocket causing Koffing to leak Gas uncontrollably.
    Then Ash charge Pikachu with Misty's Cycle to power up Pikachu

is there any point?
    is there any point?

Any Electric Pokemon being charge by a Bicycle could have blow the whole build due to Koffing explosive Gas.
    Not only that , At EP 33 Koffing Gas was ignited by Ponyta's Firewall causing it to explode .
    Ash also use Exploding nature of Wegging Gas to beat Flareon at EP56 .

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    You obviously not remember it correctly !
    When Ash's Pikachu wake up then all other Pikachu show up to cover him and Shock Team Rocket causing Koffing to leak Gas uncontrollably.
    Then Ash charge Pikachu with Misty's Cycle to power up Pikachu

is there any point?
    is there any point?

Any Electric Pokemon being charge by a Bicycle could have blow the whole build due to Koffing explosive Gas.
    Not only that , At EP 33 Koffing Gas was ignited by Ponyta's Firewall causing it to explode .
    Ash also use Exploding nature of Wegging Gas to beat Flareon at EP56 .

Okay, I guess I must have missed that in my recollection (the first image, I mean. I definitely remember the second image clearly though even before you posted it). However, it still didn't cause the Pokémon Center to explode earlier, ESPECIALLY considering that about a dozen electrocuted them, which given this was shortly thereafter would have certainly ignited the gas much earlier than before.

I might as well also remind you that EP33 (Ponyta race, if I remember correctly) was Weezing, NOT Koffing, as Koffing had already evolved by that point, and it still wasn't as catastrophic as what happened to the Pokémon Center, which caused the entire building to detonate (and this was not a small building, being quite huge in fact). I never denied that Koffing's gas was flammable, it was proven to be that. However, it wasn't as flammable and explosive to level literally an entire building just from a small amount, which is what Pikachu's actions did clearly did there when electrocuting it. Nor did it cause significant damage to the battlefield in EP56 (which isn't even James' Weezing, but a rental given by the Pokémon League). In fact, the only time the battlefield sustained any significant damage regarding Weezing was when Ash ordered Weezing to use explosion (which doesn't even involve its gas), which was powerful enough to actually create a huge crater in the battlefield with significant enough damage to postpone the quiz and make retakes as well.

And like I said before, use common sense: If Koffing really was expelling lots of gas earlier throughout the entire attack, the masses of Pikachu's first electrocution of Team Rocket would have been more than enough to detonate Koffing, much less cause the entire Pokémon Center to actually be leveled in an explosion.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • First of all, this thread isn't for arguing physics :P You two can bring that topic over to the DCC if you want, but be mindful of its current topic.

Physics in the anime are impossible when compared to the real world and inconsistent when compared to its own world, therefore you can't argue what would have or should have happened since there is no consistency that would truly let us know. Furthermore, Ash's Pikachu is stronger than the average Pikachu, and it's capable of producing major energy regardless of whether Koffing/Weezing acted as a catalyst.

With that said, please try to stay on the topic of whether or not there is a point to watching the show.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2015
    Actually, the games do try to do some variances to spice things up, not to mention the games actually have their own distinct plots, with only tangential references to prior games sufficing (like how the Red Gyarados event was alluded to in the beginning of Diamond and Pearl).

And honestly, the target demographic is not an excuse for basically repeating things. Do I really need to remind you that many Disney shows have the same target demographic as Pokémon, yet even THEY were better written than Pokémon is currently, not to mention don't repeat themselves to be pointless? Or how about Beast Wars: Transformers? This isn't Dragon Tales, after all.

It is not the same. Pokemon lasts for 150 eps per series. That is more life than any Disney show ever sees. And what Disney show are you even talking about? The sitcoms or animated stuff? Because if you mean live action you can't really compare the two to begin with. Besides Pokemon is made to sell the games unlike Disney shows that are animated

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    It is not the same. Pokemon lasts for 150 eps per series. That is more life than any Disney show ever sees. And what Disney show are you even talking about? The sitcoms or animated stuff? Because if you mean live action you can't really compare the two to begin with. Besides Pokemon is made to sell the games unlike Disney shows that are animated

Animated, and I'm thinking more along the lines of the ones based on the movies, like Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King's Timon and Pumbaa, that kind of stuff. Probably also the likes of Kim Possible thrown into the mix as well. And considering they are aimed for the same target demographic, yes, they are the same.

Back