• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Is this a good way to get Raikou in my FireRed?

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    I want to capture Raikou in my FireRed. I want to:
    1. Not use my Master Ball.
    2. Not use any nonrenewable TMs or Move Tutors.
    3. Not use GS or AR.
    4. Not trade. I don't have any other games.

I have the following pokemon:
    Farfetch'd, lv52, knows False Swipe
    Raichu, lv54, knows Thunder Wave
    Ariados, lv50, knows Spider Web and Baton Pass(from breeding), holding Lax Incense
    Electrode, lv60, has Soundproof, knows Sonicboom

Is this a good way:

1. Randomly train until Raikou appears. Stall a turn by using Poke Flute and let it run.
    2. Put Raichu at top of party, hunt around, when Raikou appears, paralyze it and let it run.
    3. Switch Ariados to top, when Raikou appears again, use Spider Web then Baton Pass to Electrode. Use Sonicboom a bunch of times. Let it run.
    4. Switch Farfetch'd to top, when Raikou appears again, use False Swipe and let it run.
    5. Switch Ariados to top, when Raikou appears again, use Spider Web, Baton Pass to Electrode, and start tossing Ultra Balls at it.

I know this is quite complicated, but it is so far the best method I can find. If anyone can think up better ones then please tell me.

darkvoider

Director of Voider BP
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2008
    Mmmmmm heres a better more easier way

Mmmmm there are numerous ways to catch a legendary dog but here is a really popular one.

First Hunt it down *aka train until it appears*

Then have a pokemon know fire spin,whirlpool or mean look

That way u have it trapped from escape moohahahah. Fire spin and Whirlpool take 5 turns before it can run so u will need a fast pokemon

Hurt it but not too much!!

Then start pegging what ever ball u need. Personialy i used a timer ball due to i was using fire spin and whirlpool. But be careful do not use those moves too much. Use Mean look if u need to hold it pernamently.

Make sure u have a Pokemon with the soundproof ability. I'm sure the dogs have roar

Then peg those timer balls and Ultra balls like mad. I tested this in Pearl when i had to catch cressilia a runner just like those dogs. It worked!!!

Necrono

perfect day.
    Years
    Try doing what darkvoid said +

If you've already seen him(you'll know his location), fly to Pallet Town, then go to route 1, see where he is, if he's not there, get back to Pallet Town and keep on repeating this procedure, he's bound to be there sooner or later.

I used Pallet Town, to get Entei, there are other towns that have grass near them in the next location. Bare in mind that Raikou will change location every time you change location.;) I do hope you understood what I was on about! :P

Years
    YUP!

Try doing what darkvoid said +

If you've already seen him(you'll know his location), fly to Pallet Town, then go to route 1, see where he is, if he's not there, get back to Pallet Town and keep on repeating this procedure, he's bound to be there sooner or later.

I used Pallet Town, to get Entei, there are other towns that have grass near them in the next location. Bare in mind that Raikou will change location every time you change location.;) I do hope you understood what I was on about! :P

This can also be a good method to find the dog for your first time, if you add in the Repel and a Pokemon that is Level 10-40.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    It should be noted that Raikou's IVs are guarenteed to suck thanks to a glitch, so it really won't help unless it's for your pokedex or as a trophy.

Just thought that was worthy of noting.

Back