• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Every once in a while, I'll see this ad here. (see jpg attachment)
    I highly doubt it's real, it usually says mmorpg.

I've seen several sites working on a Pokemon mmorpg (or that got shut down for copyright infringement while working on such an mmorpg), and they usually have something about pokemon in thier domain name, but the site in question does not.
    awesomefreegames.net
    It's highly doubtful a game generating site would put aside the resources needed for an mmorpg, more than likely it's a scam site, don't go to it.

Last edited:

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • To answer your question, it depends on how you define scam. Most of these Pokemon mmo sites don't ask for money or anything, so I wouldn't consider them scams. I think they try to lure as many people to their sites so they get a lot of hits so they can get paid from their advertisements.

Most of them are not MMORPGs, most of them are just knockoffs of games like Evony or Poxnora but with Pokemon.

Years
  • I know there's pokemon mmorpgs in existance and in development, but I think this particular ad for one is most likely false advertising.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • Indeed. It looks like it was falsely advertised, as stated above. However, as another person said there are Pokemon MMORPGs around, some are very good ones, I might add.

I miss Pokemon Crater :(

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Send Rukario a PM with this ad if you don't think it's legit and he'll have it checked out and (possibly) removed from the rotation. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back