• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this a showcase, or an art page?

Years
  • Hey everyone!

I've been working on editing the Fire Red rom with AdvanceMaps, basically editing every single route and city to be more visually appealing. I also edited the wild pokemon (essentially to add the missing ones from Leaf Green and make others available earlier), but I believe the focus is on the maps. In the future, I have plans to implement an original story, but for now I haven't changed a single script :)

So, I would like to ask, should I post this as art in the art section, or as a rom hack. I'll post the image of my version of viridian forest as an example of what I mean.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Attachments

• Is this a showcase, or an art page?
      Viridian.png
      66.3 KB · Views: 35
    Years
  • Thanks! I tried to give the place at least something of interest, as before it felt kinda barren. I guess it's just remnants of a GBC era, as RSE already have much more elaborate map designs. It's a shame they don't improve on that. I think ORAS suffered from the same problem, as it was stuck to a 4-way grid. Although, as I'm going through the website, I see this is a common thing for people to do. :)

Perhaps I should be posting the rest into the Map Showcase section?

Back