• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is this rare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blasterzred

PokeNub Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Well, Pearl game was gathering dust, I had gotten to the Elite 4 or w/e they're called, so I started over.

I got to the part where you battle Palkia. I had approx. 30 ultra balls going in, I was fully stocked!

As soon as the battle starts I throw a Quick Ball, and I caught Palkia. o_o.

I was in awe, on my old file it took me forever, with a Timer Ball...

I was just wondering...has anyone else done this? I was pretty amazed!

not necessarily with palkia, but yeah. in silver i caught ho-oh [lvl 70 in silver] 1st turn with quick ball. otherwise i just put em to sleep and spam ultra balls like crazy...

PS: the good parts in diamond/pearl actually come AFTER elite 4... theres like 5 legendaries and a bunch of stuff.... online battle...

That so called "glitch" is a rumor started around the US release of R/B. There is no such thing.

Yeah I was really suprised, I came decked out with lots of items, all a waste lol, but hey, I'm not complaining!

Now...should I replace Palkia for Gyarados in my party ?

Not rare, but uncommon. I caught mine with one POKéBall, without it being in the red or any status condition.

Wait... That was my Dialga, but same general idea.

Heh, I use to do that "glitch" with my Crystal game. It worked sometimes, or was that just the pokeball catching it on it's own?

I used my master ball on Palkia, was that a bad thing?

i used my masterball on dialga lol

i wonder if quick ball wud work on the other rares?

i guess just save and keep tryin til it works huh?

i used my masterball on dialga lol

i wonder if quick ball wud work on the other rares?

i guess just save and keep tryin til it works huh?

Yeah I saved before Palkia, with that intent, luckily it was over in less than 15 seconds!

No it's actually not rare at all, Dialga and Palkia's catch rate is 30, while normally, the other legendaries that have been in every game's catch rate was 3. Thats why most people can get them with a quick ball or a few ultraballs, or maybe even just a normal pokeball.

meh, i managed to catch dialga with a pokeball, after i'd false swiped it to 1 hp, hynotised it, and lowered all it's stats down to the point were you can't lower them any more.=)

i caught mine with a regular pokeball on the first toss i was stunned and couldnt believe it

I caught Palkia with a Dusk ball, and I think it took a few tries... o_O I don't remember, I don't keep track so... yeah

and Nerdy_Sneakerz, you should've saved it for Mesprit or Cresselia...

I lucked out, too. Used my Lucario's Aura Sphere, threw a dusk ball, and caught it on the first try. My Dialga was even modest in nature the first time. Couldn't really hope for better luck unless it would've been shiny.

I've caught it with a Quick Ball. I was reading FAQs talking about how it's so hard to catch, and I just caught it with one try, at full health.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back