• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Viz Going Too Fast?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    No...I think the pace Viz is going at is fine. Japan is already up to B/W...we are up to the Crystal arc. So...we are going too slow.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    I meant that Viz is doing too many different arcs at once. For non-Special fans it may be confusing and I think that it would be better for Viz too release the volumes on a more frequent basis and catch up faster instead of doing multiple arcs at once.

JB2448

A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    I wouldn't have a problem at the rate they're releasing at if they did it in the original order. The fact that the seventh arc (which is still being called "The Seventh Chapter" in VIZ's release) is being released concurrently with the third really irks me. And I've already stated that releasing any Black and White manga, PokéSpe or not, is a bad move, considering that there haven't been any volume releases, even in Japan.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    The BW thing slightly bothers me, but the GSC and DP arc being released at the same time doesn't bother me. I mean, we are getting the manga now, so I see no reason to complain.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Luckily, the D/P doesn't connect to the GSC Arc (as far a I know, in the D/P arc they speak about the Champion over in Kanto, but we've gotten the RBG arc a while ago), like how the R/S subtly does. Then there's the FR/LG and Emerald arcs in which if they didn't release the two arcs before it (especially Emerald) it would be confusing to those who don't know the story.

So... I don't really see too much of a problem with it, unless there is something about the D/P arc that I don't know, but I don't think that's the case.

JB2448

A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    Janine is shown in volume 31, which will be VIZ's D/P/Pt volume 2.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    Thank you for responding, everyone! While I'm very happy that Viz is finally releasing Pokemon Special at a good pace, I think they need to hold off on the Black and White Arc. The volumes won't even be released in Japan until after the Platinum and Heartgold and Soulsilver Arcs, so how would Viz even have the first volume?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Janine is shown in volume 31, which will be VIZ's D/P/Pt volume 2.
    Hm... Considering where the G/S/C Arc is at this point, I don't think that should be a problem.

I would assume they would take all the releases that Japan had released individually and stick them together to make 'em. I definitely think that they would be holding off on it as well, but I guess that want to do so because of the fact that Black/White is out in America. So... if anything, money reasons. /shrugs.

Back