• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Issue with scripting moving pictures

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2022
    I'm trying to make my title screen in the same style as Red/Blue, and I've hit a few bumps but when I think I've got most of it figured out I get this message:

Spoiler:

Edit: I restored the original Scene_Intro script, then tried again with different wording, added @pic3=addImage(0,300,"") to line 10 and @pic3.moveOpacity(0,0,0) to line 11 and it let me get to the intro, until I get hit with an argument error of "Script 'Scene_Intro' line 59/65/71: ArgumentError occurred. wrong number of arguments (8 for 9)." This is the new section starting at line 56 of Scene_Intro:

Spoiler:

lines 59, 65, and 71 are all the same, '@pic3.move(40,0,0,0,100,100,255,0)', and '.move' is defined in Game_Picture as:

Spoiler:

I'm only counting 8 arguments. What's the ninth one and what would I use to define it? End of edit.

Last edited:
    Back