• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Issues with legendary birds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • So I am having quite a few problems, but before I give up on these buggers, I decided to look here for advice.
    I am having a HARD time catching Articuno and Moltres...a really bad time. I get BOTH of their HP down to where I cannot even see it, put 'em to sleep...and they STILL bust out of those malfunctioning balls.
    So my questions are as follows...
    WHERE DO YOU BUY MORE ULTRA BALLS??? I have 11 ultras, 23 great balls, and only 7 pokeballs...they go through ALL of them...
    Would it be better to paralyze them instead of putting them to sleep?
    Or is my game just JACKED up, and it is impossible to catch the birds, so I would do better just returning it for a new game pak?
    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...thanks in advance guys.

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
  • It just takes lots of patience. Eventually you will catch them, but it could just take a while for some people. To buy more Ultra Balls, go to a high place like Indigo Plateau, or on some of the Islands. Other than that, just have some patience, and you will catch them. :)

Years
  • eh sorry guys, go ahead and lock this...i get the Ultra's on Cinnibar Island, and only have Articuno to catch...sorry bout this. I let my IMpatience get ahead of me!

Years
  • Hmmm.... Here's a good stragedy:
    Put the birds into love, really love health. Then use something like Hypnosis or Disable their moves a few times you they can't attack you with those strong attacks. Then use an Ultra Ball and hold down the B and Down buttons. Holding those buttons down helps a bit, and can hel pyou can't the birds. If they break out of Hypnosis, use Pikachu and Thunder Wave them or put them to sleep again and keep trying. The more balls you throw, the more tired the birds will get and they'll eventually get caught.

Years
  • Please use the simple questions thread next time ^^.
    Just stock up on ultra balls, bring good leveled pokemon, save in front and you should be okie dokie!
    ~CLOSED~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back