• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] It is possible to change the language ?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2021
    I want to put an pokedex with an german language from an german rom into an english rom.

I now that i can change it with advance text but it takes a lot of time, have anyone an fast method how to put the pokedex with the german language into the english rom ?

Years
  • If you know the offsets of the pokedex descrition tables in both roms you can just open the german rom in a hex editor and copy-paste the hex code from the table to the offset in the english rom.
    That should work.

Years
  • it doesn't seem to be that easy afterall ... the dex description table length differs in both games, you'd have to create a duplicate table and change every pointer in the pokedata table.
    If you want to take up the work:

In Feurrot the dex description table is 444B7D - 44F73F

Copy the pokedata (44F740 - 452DAB) from Feurrot to 44E850 in Ashgray

Now comes the hard work: Copy the Feurrot dex description table to free space in Ashgray and change every pointer in the pokedata table to the corresponding offset pointers (look at the hex from the Fuerrot rom) in the newly created dex description table. (tip: they're located every 16th and 20th byte)

You can safely free up space by filling 444C35 - 44E84F with FF-bytes afterwards.

If all I just said sounds like gibberish you should probably stick with a text editor

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2021
    hello Skyro005, can you tell me pleas how you find the offsets from the pokedex in the roms, how you get the offsets numbers from the pokedex ? what methode you use to finde them ?

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen May 19, 2022
    hello Skyro005, can you tell me pleas how you find the offsets from the pokedex in the roms, how you get the offsets numbers from the pokedex ? what methode you use to finde them ?

Honestly, just using a text editor would be easier for you. It may seem tedious, but think of this: I manually increased the levels of every single trainer Pokémon in Emerald by 25% before. There's well over 1,000 of them. Possibly even over 2,000. I also manually changed important trainers Pokémon to make them more difficult by changing moves, abilities and the Pokémon themselves. You'll have it done within an hour or two.

Years
  • Honestly, just using a text editor ...

I think that is the better option indeed, but if you do want to take up the challenge and do some hex coding I'd advice you to read these pages very carefully:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=345692 (understanding pointers)
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokédex_data_structure_in_Generation_III (pokedex hex structure)
    http://skeetendo.proboards.com/thread/65 (more about the pokedex)

PS: I'd advice you to use HxD for hex editing.

Good luck!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2021

What is wrong with you guys, i mean im new on screpit editing with hxd, but is that an resson to say that i dont work with this becouse im a noob ? no its not and this noob that are writing with you had an cool idee how me scripting goes faster then yours ! the answer is an mouserecorder that i creat , this programm do all form me without wasting time, and now how is the noob , its not me but how of use ? how how how, how is the noob of noobistan if im not a noob?

Years
  • noob of noobistan ...

I didn't mean to offend you, I just didn't know how deep your understanding was. The info in the links I posted helped me to find the offsets of the dex in both roms ... (the rest was just scrolling through a bunch of hex)

Tbh I wasted way too much time on finding those offsets because I seriously tried to help you and thought it was quite a neat idea ...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2021

But is this my foult that you wasted time to help me? its you foult, you are a person how want to help other people but you dont realist that the time that you lost to help a..hole pepole like me, you cant get it back. Not im the problem you are the problem, why you dont help you mom in the kitchen to wash dishiers ore maybe to clean thinks, why you love more to help other pepole that you dident know and not you mom ?

Years
  • Again, I helped you because I do want to see this become a thing. I wouldn't have helped if I didn't think this would help the romhacking community.

If you want to act this way, fine, I will stop helping, but please don't go about insulting people that try to help.

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen May 19, 2022
    What is wrong with you guys, i mean im new on screpit editing with hxd, but is that an resson to say that i dont work with this becouse im a noob ? no its not and this noob that are writing with you had an cool idee how me scripting goes faster then yours ! the answer is an mouserecorder that i creat , this programm do all form me without wasting time, and now how is the noob , its not me but how of use ? how how how, how is the noob of noobistan if im not a noob?

I also didn't mean to offend you. I simply gave you the option that I thought was quicker and easier (and the option I would've taken if I was in your position). If you want to go for the hex editing then more power to you. Having more experienced hex editors in this community will always be a good thing.

Back