• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It Rhymes (Peaked at 9th)

Rhymed

YouSpinMeRightRound
    Years
    You remember this, d-a?

Ambipom (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Fake Out
    - Pursuit
    - Return
    - Taunt
    ---

This is my ambipom lead, standard, apart from a (couple?) of moves. first off, pursuit. this is for mismagius' that try to switch in on my fake out, then switch out again to a more suitable counter to take maybe a different imcoming attack, or to wall/kill my switch in. secondly, taunt. i have a yanmega on this team, and it prevents registeel or steelix, also common switches into fake out, not be able to set up rocks. then they themselves become set up fodder for azumarill.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/6 SDef
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Seed Flare
    - Earth Power
    - Synthesis
    - Air Slash/HP Ice
    ---

Next is my shaymin, to counter opposing azumarill, and to generally be a pain. seed flare, backed up by stab, the special attack and life orb, packs a huge punch, 2hko'ing some resists, and other moves are standard for hitting other pokemon. i'm running air slash over hp fire mainly because of the 1 speed drop. i'm slower than other shaymin with because of the 1 less speed. considering running hp ice here for altaria and fliers.

Mismagius (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 108 HP/220 Spd/180 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    ---

Mismagius =3 this is a beast in uu, able to set up against chansey and multiple other pokemon, including the emotion triplets, bulky waters and chansey. the reason i have thunderbolt is because most teams only run one mismagius counter, usually honchkrow, and i keep setting up subs, if i cm'ed on the switch in, to scout what i'm positive they're going to use, and act accordingly. if they sucker punch, i get a free sub and ko them. if they night slash or pursuit, it's a little more tricky. usually i wait until, as i've already mentioned that i'm sure they're not going to switch to a "surprise" sucker punch and KO them with thunderbolt.

Arcanine (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 228 Atk/188 Spd/92 SAtk
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Overheat
    - Flare Blitz
    - Extremespeed
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    ---

My Dog, it serves at my teams wallbreaker, as i have suitable counters for everything that DOES wall this arcanine, and hits hard with the appropriate attack. this is the poke i usually predict most with. i can 2hko incoming slowbro with hp electric if they've already taken resuidal damage, and i'm careful not to let opposing arcanines get a flash fire boost, because, bar azumarill, every member on my team is then ohko'ed, although i have plenty of things to outspeed it.

Azumarill (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Huge Power
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Aqua Jet
    - Waterfall/Return/Ice Punch
    ---

I <3 this rabbit, it's gotten me so many ko's i can't believe it. before you question my move selection, aqua jet has worked wonders. priority is always useful to have, and sometimes allows azumarill to pick off the counters that get hit by a focus punch. i find myself not using waterfall often, so i slashed it in with ice punch or return, what are your opinions on this?

Yanmega (M) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Tinted Lens
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Bug Buzz
    - Air Slash
    - U-turn
    - Hidden Power [Rock]
    ---

Hidden Power rock's not even a slash on the specs set? it's extremely useful, hitting the fliers that i would have sometimes have trouble with, fires and one of yanmega's biggest counters, subroost moltres. i went with u-turn over hypnosis because i've tested both, and u turn helps me scout and send in a counter to the poke they send in (shaymin, i'm looking at you).

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Solid team, easily one of the best offensive UU teams I've seen. However, I don't see the logic in running Tinted Lense. Yanmega needs Speed boost or else it loses to things like Shaymin, Scyther, etc...when it should be OHKOing them. You have enough coverage with those four moves already, although I'd much rather use Shadow Ball for things like Rotom, who resists Bug Buzz and Air Slash and can hit you with a STAB Thunderbolt.

HP Fighting > Thunderbolt on Mismagius by the way, coverage and beating Iron Head-less Registeel outweights hitting...Honchkrow (which ironically is what killed Mismagius in our match ;P). Nice team, and I can attest to its effectiveness.

Rhymed

YouSpinMeRightRound
    Years
    >.< you just stated that i don't need tinted lens, then described rotom as a counter. it takes a good 70% from bug buzz with tinted lens, while with speed boost i would hardly scratch it. hp fighting is currently on mismagius. i wish i had thunderbolt then. :(

Relevant

PACT;; applejuice & nytkoi
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    I was about to say HP Fighting, but then I read Vance's post. XD

A well-rounded team, there is not much to say here, and I thought I was the only marill user. Good to see another. With the waterfall choices, I would go with Ice Punch.

-MetalGardevoir

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    >.< you just stated that i don't need tinted lens, then described rotom as a counter. it takes a good 70% from bug buzz with tinted lens, while with speed boost i would hardly scratch it. hp fighting is currently on mismagius. i wish i had thunderbolt then. :(

Well, Speed Boost + Shadow Ball is more effective than Tinted Lense + U-turn. You beat Rotom either way, (though Scarf Rotom can outpace you, while with Speed Boost you outpace it) however Speed boost is just more useful than Tinted Lense. I guess Registeel is a reason towards using Tinted lense (it walls your whole moveset ironically), but you DO have Arcanine, Shaymin, and Azumarill, all who smack Registeel around.

That was a good match, though. I was screwed once I decided to bring Shaymin into Registeel. Should've known Torterra would've hit it MUCH harder >.<

Rhymed

YouSpinMeRightRound
    Years
    i know, but it would ohko rotom, and be better than u-turn, which is what he based thta entire argument on.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    i know, but it would ohko rotom, and be better than u-turn, which is what he based thta entire argument on.

What is Tinted Lense doing that makes it superior to Speed Boost? With Speed Boost, you're essentially getting a Scarf + Specs on the first turn. That means you not only can hit things insanely hard, but you outrun things, making revenge killing arguments null.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    with only 92 sp atk evs on arcanine, i wouldn't be immediately convinced that it can actually 2HKO pokes like slowbro under those conditions. no doubt, hp grass is a much better option if prediction rolls through against threats like quag. it's all situational but i guess you understand what i'm saying... arcanine is just not that much of a beast.

i understand u-turn on yanmega but you're really relying on not having srock up, which you shouldn't XD. yeah, maybe you might want to go with shadowball in that case.

and specs + scarf on same turn? if only. forget why a lot of yanmega have protect?

Back