• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Item Description Changing Not Working?

Years
  • I've been trying to redo all of the descriptions of Items for a Pokemon Ruby Translated hack i'm doing. My issue is by using the Gen 3 Tools: Item Editor the text is for some reason smaller.

Heres an image what 'm talking about. The hack i'm translating on the left and the original Ruby on the right:
    Spoiler:

Any help is appreciated.

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • I've been trying to redo all of the descriptions of Items for a Pokemon Ruby Translated hack i'm doing. My issue is by using the Gen 3 Tools: Item Editor the text is for some reason smaller.

Heres an image what 'm talking about. The hack i'm translating on the left and the original Ruby on the right:
    Spoiler:

Any help is appreciated.

{XD} HAHAHAHA {XD}

sorry for that but its only Decaped
    means that the text that were capitalized in the original rom is Decapitalized... actually all the players now days enjoy such thing in a hack... means you should be happy :)

By the way your question in the thread doesnt match with the topic :|

Years
  • {XD} HAHAHAHA {XD}

sorry for that but its only Decaped
    means that the text that were capitalized in the original rom is Decapitalized... actually all the players now days enjoy such thing in a hack... means you should be happy :)

By the way your question in the thread doesnt match with the topic :|

My problem is I cant fit the entire original item descriptions in the box. See how they have different text counts. See how the one on the left has 47/47 and the one on the right has 50/50. Is there a way to get it back to 50/50?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    My problem is I cant fit the entire original item descriptions in the box. See how they have different text counts. See how the one on the left has 47/47 and the one on the right has 50/50. Is there a way to get it back to 50/50?

This might be a problem with the tool. Save a backup just in case, and try to change the description back to 50 characters without changing the offset. If you shortened a description and saved, the tool assumes you're only allowed that many characters, but there's probably enough space for 50 if these are Ruby's default description offsets.

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • My problem is I cant fit the entire original item descriptions in the box. See how they have different text counts. See how the one on the left has 47/47 and the one on the right has 50/50. Is there a way to get it back to 50/50?

if you know to use XSE.. the scripting tool, then make such script

Spoiler:

Now you might be thinking that 800000 is not free space in your name but its a dynamic offset so it automatically searches for free space...
    and for writing the description

Spoiler:

this line
    Just press "CTRL+T" and it will get you job done...
    but dont make the text too long,
    :)
    Hope this helpss...

Back