• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Item you must always have on you

If you had a choice of Exp Shere or Amulet Coin what item would you choose?

• Exp Shere(What ever item you dont pick you will never see again)

Votes: 50 65.8%
  • Amulet Coin

Votes: 26 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
    Years
    Because I almost never use money to buy any items (apart from balls and revives) I would go for the Exp. Share. In Ruby, I even maxed out my money to the famous 999999999- whatever it is; no Amulet Coin attached. That happens when you put the Exp. Share on your lead Blaziken and/or Groudon and mop the remnants of the Elite Four's pride into a magical bucket of Poke. (I find the fact that I stoop so low, pathetic.)

Intensity

~ How Intense can it get? ~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2009
    Exp. Share because it can really, and I do mean really help your Pokemon level up. I used one on a Bagon in Ruby, now it's one of my powerhouses (Salamence).

Akiko

Banned
    Years
    The most important items for me is usually. Repels, Potions, Pokeballs, and Full Heal. About the Repels. Well obviously. It's needed in your journey. Especially when your in a hurry. It's too annoying pokemon keep appearing while your in a hurry. And it's disturbing you. That's why i always bring Repels. About the Potions. This is pretty important in your journey. You can heal up your pokemon even though there isn't a pokemon center. Even in a battle too. You can heal up your pokemon everytime you want. There are many kinds of potion. But it depends on what level is your pokemon is. About the Pokeballs. It's pretty important too. If you wanna catch a Pokemon then you can catch it with a Pokeball. And about the Full Heal. It's important because you can heal up the effect that your enemy has given to you.

Akiko.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I always need special Poké Balls, such as Quick Balls and Dusk Balls. Ultra Balls just don't quite do it for me. I still use them, but, you know, others are better.
    Exp.Share

If you put it on your main pokemon you get 2x as much exp as before which levels it up faster
    That's not true at all... The Exp. Share, when held by Pokémon that is not the only Pokémon that fights, will give half of the total experience earned to the Pokémon holding it. All other calculations will also be made. For example, a Pokémon that is holding an Exp. Share that also participates in the battle along with one other Pokémon will earn three quarters of the experience points that a defeated Pokémon distributes.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Hyper Potins, Revives, Full heals and Pokeballs. I keep other things too but these are a must!

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    Max repels, its annoying finding wild pokemon when you are doing something important

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Leppa Berry... can't live without em I grow em like a crazy gardener

Halberdier

Solver and Stabber
    Years
    Completing 473 pokemon on my Dex, 150 of them came from my fire red. Most were pal parked fully evolved and had to be breeded to get their pre-evolutionaries. I made a lot of money with the amulet coin as I trained the newly hatched pre-evolutions on my Diamond against the elite four. I've beaten the elite four a sum of 89 times and at several times maxed out my Pokedollars and then dumped them all onto heal items, then maxed them again. The exp share and the amulet coin were both very useful here, as well as the lucky egg. It's a lot rarer, and fewer people have been blessed with it to deem it irreplaceable, but it's definitely a contender.

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
    In the Advanced games FR/LG and Emerald the items I carry Potions because I always battle the E$ and I have quite a few Nuggets and PP UPS as well since I run out of moves that I like to use quite a bit so they are boosted with PP UP.:)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Oh god , mostly in 3rd Gen , in Sapphire , I always had like 50 Max Repels .

There was tooo much grass and too much water .

This is how my Items Pocket looked like :

50 x Max Repels
    30 x Hyper Potions
    40 x Full Heals
    10 x Escape Ropes
    15 x Revives
    -ALL FLUTES-
    -TRASH->containing Amulet Coin , Exp. Share items like Miracle Seeds , etc.

Also , ehy does 3 Gen get all fame for it ? Why doesn't a mod put it in Pokemon General Gaming ?

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Leppa Berries. Grow them like wild.
    In conjunction with Full Restores and Revives it's like having an entire Pokemon Center in your pocket, which is helpful for the Elite Four or when in caves.

Years
    Some Revives in the bag can never hurt, unless I'm doing a one Pokemon run, then they will get replaced by Full Restores and Hyper/Max Potions.

About Leppa Berries... If they would be easier to obtain than with all that annoying and slow plant growing, I would get tons of them, but they aren't. Same for Ethers of course, they really should make it possible to buy them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back