• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

items.h - initializer element is not constant

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2023
    I have recently started using Pokeemerald to create ROMs for personal use (challenge runs, etc.) and I have run into this issue where every instance of ".name" in src/data/items.h has returned "initializer element for 'gItems[XXX].name' is not constant" in the console when building the ROM, where XXX is the number of appearance in the file. I am using the Pokeemerald Expansion (newest version) and I merged the branches removing the conflicts. What is causing this issue? Any help is appreciated.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have recently started using Pokeemerald to create ROMs for personal use (challenge runs, etc.) and I have run into this issue where every instance of ".name" in src/data/items.h has returned "initializer element for 'gItems[XXX].name' is not constant" in the console when building the ROM, where XXX is the number of appearance in the file. I am using the Pokeemerald Expansion (newest version) and I merged the branches removing the conflicts. What is causing this issue? Any help is appreciated.

Do the .name sections of each item's data look something like .name = _("Item Name"),?

Years
    I'm also having difficulty building the rom with the same error message after merging with RHH battle_engine, I also solved all merge conflicts. All the ".name =_("Item Name")," looks the same. I'm new to C.

Back