• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

iTicked

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    Sorry if this is the wrong place for this...seemed the most logical to me. But yeah, I'm ticked. I just received an ebay order of a Gameboy Color this past afternoon, and here is the description;

"Unit turns on and reads cartridges. The screen appears dim even with good batteries. Also, the sound does not seem to be working.

No back battery cover.

Games included are:

Batman - chaos in Gotham

Spiderman 2

Frogger 2

Donkey Kong Land

Sold AS IS"

But what I received was the GBC enclosure with screen...and literally nothing else. The buttons, mother board, games, even the broken speaker, were all absent. Seller isn't playing ball and I've had to involve eBay. We'll see how important his 100% feedback is worth to him. To make matters worse, I'm just piecing together that a new GameBoy LCD Display I ordered for this came from him as well and though it says delivered, I never received it. This is all to frustrating...I'll be on the phone with USPS in the AM.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • It definitely sounds like you need to get eBay involved and to file a claim. After everything is resolved, I'd personally block the guy so you can avoid any of his future listings.
    I had something similar happen with a Sega Sports edition Dreamcast a few years ago, where I received only the shell of the console from a guy selling it as "tested and works great!"

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    Yeah, this has been resolved. The seller was actually a stand up guy and in the right. There were screw ups with another seller and USPS's tracking system that created a screwy situation. I had to apologize profusely to the seller, but the opening line I gave him was still priceless, "What in Christmas is this Mickey mouse horse crap?"

Anyway, My TPP hack version that I bought not knowing that hacking a Gameboy game was even something people do is no longer working well enough to wipe my posterior with. Ordered both an OEM Yellow and Red. Will order Crystal when I find one at the right price and get my third GBC up and running.

Back