• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Its Not Just You Being Followed...

LegendMaster97

Commander of SuperRares!!!!
Years
  • i know a few people that didin't battle you had their pokemon out in GSC and DPPt and in almost every other game so i think they are keeping that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    That would be awesome but it would never happen.

Still, I would have said the same about pokemon following you, so there's hope yet?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I had thought about this idea earlier, and with the supporting role having their Pokémon out, it made me think more into it. However, like one member stated earlier, it wouldn't be the best of ideas knowing we could possible see their strongest Pokémon out before battle. So, to not ruin the fun of surprise and to keep the game in step, I wouldn't have my hopes up for anyone but the main player and supporting character to have their Pokémon outside. Not to mention, for the other supporting role, we might not battle against, but with them at times. So, showing their Pokémon wouldn't be a big deal like it would for Silver or a Gym/Elite's Pokémon. However, the idea always seemed pretty nice to think of and at least for Silver it would be a nice addition.

Years
  • I imagine that;

Soul has her starter out
    Silver has his starter out
    Gold has his starter out
    Lance has his dragonite out
    Esuine will has his favorite pokemon out (not sure who it is)
    Red will have his pikachu out
    Kurt will have his slowpoke out
    Nurse Joys will have their chanseys out (known fact)

Have i forgotten anyone?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I was thinking the same thing! I dont think it will happen though. I wish.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Actual in many screenshots you can see that random NPC's have their Pokemon out. I doubt the main characters such as leaders and all would have em but NPC's definitely do. Its about damn bloody time a franchise about 493 bloody different monsters puts focus on them.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • From previous scans, when it comes to the supporting role, they may just be able to have any of their Pokémon follow them besides there starter. For example, it was shown that Soul had a Maril being tagged along behind her in New Bark Town, which isn't a starter choice. So, with this being said, like us, Soul or Gold may be able to have any of their Pokémon follow behind them as well. Besides these two characters, I also think that there is a chance that Red may have his Pikachu out of its Pokéball as well. This will make a bit of sense from past games before this as well as it going with Ash in the anime and his Pikachu. However, like I said before I don't think Silver nor the Elites and Gyms will have any of their Pokémon out as it may ruin the suprirse of what you will have to face in battle.

When it comes to other NPC's in the game though, some may just have their Pokémon out, like shown in previous scans. This is basically a common thing to expect as it has been done before in games before HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    We have already seen pics of Gym Leaders in their gyms so that idea is out. AMybe whb we see them again,

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
  • To get YOUR pokemon out, you just put it first in your party. And some other people will have them out, some won't.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • While NPC's have been seen to have them out it has been inside not outside. Its a much more common thing as well now and that's why I said its about time. And yeah we have seen the leader so that is out.

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    maybe the important people that u meet throughout ur journey will have their signature pokemon follow them for a while...i.e. when lance beats the $hit outta the store keeper to get into one of team rockets many bases...he could have dragonite follow him around that entire time since u meet up with him enough in that part...

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I think one of the top ones had Espeon... :O Haha.

I dun think Kimono girls have their Eons out.
    But I do think we'll be experiencing the Pokémon world the way it is in the animé a little more.

Back