• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's time for a change already

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'm sick and damn tired of the current cast. Ash is annoying and I cringe every time I see his face, Pikachu got old back in Hoenn and is too overrated, Brock is nowhere near as much of a bada** he was in the games, Dawn is a crybaby and Piplup is even MORE stupid than Pikachu. Can't we get some CHANGE for once? Actually USE the new characters from the games instead of ignoring them and adding in the girl as a potential friend (Or according to fangirls, a new OMGGERLFREND for Ash)

The anime could have so much potential if they just ditch Ash. Imagine how awesome it could have been if we could actually see Gold or Brendan go through their adventure instead of Ash taking their place and going through the events in an EXTREMELY half-a**ed way.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Ditch the main character, the one who has the focus of the show and the vast majority of air time, just to please some whiny baby?

That makes perfect sense.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    As much as I agree with everything you just said (except for the Brock comment, he's awesome), I have to say that nothing will ever change, no matter how much a few fans want it to. The anime will stay the same. Ash will always be the annoying main character, Pikachu will always be the rat on steroids (how else can it beat all the Pokémon it beats?), and Brock will always be a womanizer. The only thing that'll change is Dawn. Personally, I prefer May and wish she'd come back, but her visit in Sinnoh is probably the last we'll see of her.

I do wish they would change, but, apparently to them, we're all still little kids who love Ash because we don't know what a good character really is.​

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Ditch the main character, the one who has the focus of the show and the vast majority of air time, just to please some whiny baby?

That makes perfect sense.

^ This, and:

The anime could have so much potential if they just ditch Ash. Imagine how awesome it could have been if we could actually see Gold or Brendan go through their adventure instead of Ash taking their place and going through the events in an EXTREMELY half-a**ed way.
    You may not like it, but the millions of little kiddies watching the show love Ash and Pikachu. The older kids watching the show and complaining are a minority in the population of Pokemon viewers. We tried going with other trainer's perspectives in Chronicles, and though those were favorites for a lot of people here, it never really launched. I don't think we're getting anymore of Jimmy/Gold, and there's a good chance we're only going to see cameos of Brendan (as we already have).

Ash is staying, and so is Pikachu.

*getting tired of the 'I HATE ASH RAWR' threads*

Years
    This seems more like a post for the Sick of Ash thread....

But I agree with the above post- things will never change. Here's the way I look at it- don't like the anime? Read the manga, which actually focuses on other characters and there is no Ash.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    This seems more like a post for the Sick of Ash thread....

This is the Pokecommunity anime section. It's not really made for anime fans. It's more like a live journal or a twitter for people to vent about how much it sucks and how kanto/orange/the manga are better and nowadays it sucks.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    This is the Pokecommunity anime section. It's not really made for anime fans. It's more like a live journal or a twitter for people to vent about how much it sucks and how kanto/orange/the manga are better and nowadays it sucks.

You've been hanging around the Sick of Ash thread for too long :P

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    So, are we done yet? Of course, we can always not watch it but that's far too simple for us isn't it? We need to complain about something so trivial.

Instead of repeating you people, I'll just advise to stop watching the show.

Years
    Yeah, I definitely think OLM should listen to your concerns. I mean, the anime has been going for twelve years and nigh-on six hundred episodes, and remained as one of the most popular animated series in the world. But what do they know? I think they should definitely listen to a twelve-year-old with half-formed ideas about how to improve one of the longest-running animated series in the world.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back