• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen IV/EV training

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctf_fancore

J-Roll
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    I've gotten a rundown on it before, but didn't quite understand it. can someone please explain how this works, an what poke's give what IV/EV points

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    IVs and EVs can be a bit confusing at first, but once you understand the concept of it, it's turns out relatively simply, just a bit time consuming. Anyway, from the FAQ & Known Information sticky we have, here is a simply explanation of EV training and places to do it in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

[jq]I'm pretty much new to EV training and would like to know how and what I need to do it correctly?
    EV training is relatively simple to do once you understand it enough. It is time consuming, but there are ways to fasten the progress of your training including various items and more.

I'm interested in EV Training, what are some good locations and Pokémon I can train against?

• HP
      • Hoot-hoot (1pt)
      • Location: Basically everywhere, and quite common. A few areas, Route 1-6.
    • ATTACK
      • Bellsprout & Ekans (1pt)
    • DEFENSE
      • Geodude, Onix, Rhyhorn (1pt)
      • Metapod and Kakuna (2pts)
    • SPECIAL ATTACK
      • Ghastly (1pt)
    • SPECIAL DEFENSE
      • Tentacool (1pt)
      • Tentacruel (2pts)
    • SPEED
      • Magikarp (1pt)
    [/jq]Also, right in the Strategies and Movesets forum, there is a Fourth Generation Guide on EV training. Here is a quick link to the post that explains it all. I think this should help you out quite much as it's very informative on EV training. [link]

As for information about IVs, Serebii has a pretty nice breakdown of it over here that you can read about. It'll explain a lot of IVs that I think might help. [link]

Other than that, for all questions please use the HG/SS Help Thread we have available for questions on the games. We appreciate you asking questions in that thread rather than making new threads on simple questions as it pushes back on-going discussion to further pages. Which sadly, not everyone looks at from time to time. So, in future try and remember that. :)

Anyway, hope all of this helped you out pretty well.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back