• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IV over 100%

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    What is the deal with it? When you check IV.. I use silphroad... and the percent of one category comes up over 100? It says check the slider, but the slider is correct? Is it an error or?

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    The percentages are artificial, and anything above 100% is a mistake.

The highest IVs are correctly given as 15/15/15, and that is later artificially translated into 100% because people love percentages so much. Higher values are impossible.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    OK so where do you find your IVs? You dont know Silphroad so whats recommended? Here is a stat I was inquiring about, I have a few like this on this iV calculator so, maybe you have insight... My example is an Eevee: I am level 20, Eevee has a CP of 335, HP 52, and Power up is 1300 stardust and 2 candy... this calclulator gives me results of 107%, 95%, and 57%.... What do you come up with on the calculator you would use? I need a good reliable on because this has happened on a few of my pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    IDC too much about IV really, but I just want the strongest ones I have found and not throw away any good ones... I cant even open gyms, never have been able to without the game crashing.. But for in the future when they maybe decide to fix whatever bug that is... Ive also asked about a gym bug but noone seems to know about it, and I have a few friends who have the same issue, so any help on either of these things would help, and no uninstaling and reinstalling doesnt help, Ive tried it all, including factory resetting the phone.. gyms still crash the game...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    OK so where do you find your IVs? You dont know Silphroad so whats recommended? Here is a stat I was inquiring about, I have a few like this on this iV calculator so, maybe you have insight... My example is an Eevee: I am level 20, Eevee has a CP of 335, HP 52, and Power up is 1300 stardust and 2 candy... this calclulator gives me results of 107%, 95%, and 57%.... What do you come up with on the calculator you would use? I need a good reliable on because this has happened on a few of my pokemon.

Based on the information you provided it has a max of 75.6% IV and a min of 28.9% IVs
    To narrow it down I have 2 questions
    1) have you powered up your Pokemon
    2) what does the appraisal say about your eevee
    Then I will be able to narrow it down a lot more
    Btw I use pokeassistant I don't know if it's the best one out there but it is really useful

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    I have not powered it up.. and the appraise says this... overall in battle your eevee might not be great but i still like it....attack is strongest feature....
    im blown away by its stats wow.....your eevee is sizable thats for sure... (weight 8.08kg, height .35m) I just downloaded the off line IV caluculator app for ios... im getting a few conflicting to what ive already looked up but most are the same and I have one perfect gastly, and he is still perfect when compared between the two. I might just stick to using the app.. it gives you one overall value... I just get tired of checking each one and this seems much faster, and since im not all that into it, but just wanting to avoid throwing away strong ones, it should be good for me, I can label each one with its name and overall number, Ill be happy with that... not liek im a pokemon super player or anything... I wish I could battle but, maybe with this update gyms w ill be fixed for me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I have not powered it up.. and the appraise says this... overall in battle your eevee might not be great but i still like it....attack is strongest feature....
    im blown away by its stats wow.....your eevee is sizable thats for sure....

Your eevee has less than 50% IVs but has 15 IVs in Attack, I can run it through pokeassistant tomorrow to give you it's Defence and HP IVs

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    The appraisal feature, in your case, clearly reveals that the attack value is maxed out at 15, so its 100% exactly. 15 out of a possible 15. The appraisal feature is vague, not very precise, especially for weak pokemon.

The appraisal feature is best for strong pokemon, as it will reveal all stats that are maxed out at 15 for sure, and the top bracket (When it says your pokemon is really amazing / one of the best ever seen / can fight them all) tells you that the total value must be 37/45 or better.

So, just from the appraisal feature, i know my best Gyrados has KP and defense maxed out at 15 and in total it is 37/45 or better. Worst case it is 15/7/15, best case it is 15/14/15. (It cannot be 15/15/15 because the appraisal feature would have revealed it). Not bad, and that is trustworthy information because it is from the official app. An external IV calculator can narrow it down even more.

For the decision which pokemons to keep and which ones to send away, the appraisal feature is very good.

Check the full guide. What you can use to make a cut and send away bad pokemon right away is simply the first statement. The different trainers say different things, here is the one for blue:

Total Potential:
    Mystic (Blanche)
    Overall, your Pokémon is a wonder! What a breathtaking Pokémon! 37/45 or higher!
    Overall, your Pokémon has certainly caught my attention. 30/45 to 36/45
    Overall, your Pokémon is above average. 23/45 to 29/45
    Overall, your Pokémon is not likely to make much headway in battle. 22/45 or less.

With that, in the field, you can send away the bottom 49%, or the bottom 66.666% (two thirds) or the bottom 80%. Quite good.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    triple check if you got everything well inserted on the blank spaces

Back