• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I've always wondered..

SonicJump

Pokémon Lover
    Years
    ..what Cubone's face looks like... for some reason I think I remember him taking it off in one episode a looong time ago, or was it that one Digimon in a Digimon episode.. or both!?!

Souless

What?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • ???
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Acording to the Pokedex description in games he wears the skull of his dead mother, so I dont think he would like to take it off.

I really doubt there's an episode showing him skull-less (I haven't see all episodes so this is just an oppinion), that would be like showing a diglett's feets or a missingno on the show xD

I remember that on one Digimon episode Gabumon takes his suit off, altough he is not shown without it, weird =S

SonicJump

Pokémon Lover
    Years
    First - sorry about posting in the wrong section. I'll be more careful to sort my posts.

Ok, it was all in my imagination then. Lolz

I always thought Cubone looked a lot like Charmander.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    i fink his head might be skull to.
    if a cubone puts on his dead mothers head ,wich turns out to be a skull than his head might be one or grow in to one at least.
    (or am i being stupid?)

Souless

What?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • ???
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    First - sorry about posting in the wrong section. I'll be more careful to sort my posts.

Ok, it was all in my imagination then. Lolz

I always thought Cubone looked a lot like Charmander.

Well, I have tought the same too, but an evil corporation like nintendo will never let us know :P

i fink his head might be skull to.
    if a cubone puts on his dead mothers head ,wich turns out to be a skull than his head might be one or grow in to one at least.
    (or am i being stupid?)

No, you are being logical, but in pokemon world things stay the same no matter how much time has passed, pokemon only change at the time of evolving in the games and some little amount of times in the games (like the old Scyther belonging to Tracey)

And what if Cubone's mother hasn't died?

This is something logical, what if someone lefts two cubone/marowak at the day care, the resulting cubone will wear a skull even if you can still pick up both parents.

Also, what happens to the skull when a cubone evolves into marowak? does anybody know?

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    i remember the old Base Set Cubone card let you see the bottom of its head. I imagine it's very similar to Charmander. I'll have to draw that one day.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    Acording to the Pokedex description in games he wears the skull of his dead mother, so I dont think he would like to take it off.

I really doubt there's an episode showing him skull-less (I haven't see all episodes so this is just an oppinion), that would be like showing a diglett's feets or a missingno on the show xD

I remember that on one Digimon episode Gabumon takes his suit off, altough he is not shown without it, weird =S
    If so it's very simple-looks at his mother's skull, and imagine a younger version of it with flesh.

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    [Anime and game logic aside here] Its head would look just like its mother's. So it would pretty much be to visualize some flesh on that skull and make it smaller to fit its body.

I think he resembles a horse. Don't tell me you're not seeing it. ;)

I've always wondered..

Diglet, there's your mystery.

Souless

What?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • ???
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    I've always wondered..

This is the image that Amp mentioned, if you try to connect it's mouth and head it will resemble a Charmander ^_^

I also got this quote from Bulbapedia:

Bulbapedia said:
    Cubone appears to be a small brown dinosaur-like Pokémon, that constantly wears a skull (supposedly the skull of its mother) like a helmet, which masks its true face from view.

So it might look a little like a charmander or something ._.'

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    This is weird. I mean do baby cubone just wait for their mothers body to decompose til their is only skeleton and takes the skull then gets capture. And when the evolve it becomes apart of them? Also. Do they just where the same skull from hundreds of generations ago if the first theory is right?

Souless

What?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • ???
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    This is weird. I mean do baby cubone just wait for their mothers body to decompose til their is only skeleton and takes the skull then gets capture. And when the evolve it becomes apart of them? Also. Do they just where the same skull from hundreds of generations ago if the first theory is right?

Since Pokemon hatch from eggs the Mother's corpse would have enough time to descompose.

But in fact, a Cubone's helmet being from his mother skull is just flavor text in the Pokedex and doesn't have a scientific basis at all ._.'

Back