• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen I've just realised that all people who have completed R/B/Y are thieves

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    There are three great things which prove this.

1. Remember right back in the Viridan Forest? There's a Bug Catcher near the end who says "I've dropped things in this maze" (I don't know if those are his exact words but you get the idea) and when you find these items you don't give them back to him, you take them for themselves.

2. Even if the Viridian Forest evidence isn't enough there is one example which proves it beyond all shadow of a doubt. The house with Dig in it. A Team Rocket Grunt stole the TM from the house and then he gives it to you, and you don't return it. Therefore you steal the Dig TM from the owner of the house

3. In Celadon City, where you get the Eevee, does the man in the apartment say you can just barge into his apartment and take a very rare Eevee. NO! You just steal his Eevee and walk out without a care in the world.

Now, I don't think there can be a shadow of a doubt.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    3. In Celadon City, where you get the Eevee, does the man in the apartment say you can just barge into his apartment and take a very rare Eevee. NO! You just steal his Eevee and walk out without a care in the world.

While Red and Blue are rpgs you have to assume that there are a few things that go on, storyline wise, that are behind the scenes. Like as in the conversation with the big muscleman extends beyond just a few screens. We just don't see it due to us being the players.

Plus he is a teacher. Maybe he gave it to you for listening to him babble.

Years
    1) how do you know all that was on the ground was his?
    2) see post #2
    3)as far as I know, He was going to give it to you. besides, there's no other way to get Eevee as far as I know.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    1. That could have been anyone's.

2. If you go return it he says you can keep it.

3. If you actually listened to the guy talk he tells you to take the Eevee.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Oh dear lord not another one of these. This is just like that VERY-CLOSE-TO-SPAM about Blue having been pathetic because his Raticate died. This IS NOT WHAT SATOSHI TAJIRI INTENDED.

Let me tell you a bit about Satoshi Tajiri-Sensei. When he was in grade school he had a hard time with social interaction, and as such he played with bugs instead of other kids in school. He'd pretend that Praying Mantis were ferocious monsters and frogs were dragons. Later this idea evolved (quite literally) into Pokemon.

Now let me ask you this. Do you honestly think that in the state of mind Satoshi had when he was in that fantastic dream world where bugs grew 400 times their size, that stealing or death of all things was on his mind?!!? DO YOU?!?!

I rest my case.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Do you honestly think that in the state of mind Satoshi had when he was in that fantastic dream world where bugs grew 400 times their size, that stealing or death of all things was on his mind?!!? DO YOU?!?!
    I think death would've been, certainly. You don't make a 100ft wood louse just to scare the girls.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Though it's kind of strange to think this serious about some pixel game, i must admit my character did just take stuff. I guess there's a secret Team Rocket Grunt in all of us.

Digital Wings

Alert to sounds.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    What's really bad is that as a little kid, I was totally aware of this stuff too! I was like, "ehehehe...I'll just take this TM and use it for myself!" like I was getting away with something. Man!

Years
    I never even really thought of some of the points you make ha. When I played the original Red/Blue I was so clueless anyway I guess.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Yeah, I always clicked to talk to the people and they generally say something to the effect of, "take this."
    As for stuff lying on the ground - yeah, like I'm gonna ask one of these vicious trainers around here if they dropped something, EVERYONE WHO MAKES EYE CONTACT KEEPS TRYING TO KILL ME. :P

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    Notice how they have changed it so you dont pick it up anymore, instead you get givern the pokemon...
    Maybe R/B/Y was teaching kids to do bad things ^_^

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    The one thing that always seemed iffy was the SS Anne. *Why* are you barging into every single private room on the ship, again? :P

Teh Newbeh

Yellow Gold™
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    I like how you can run into someones house and they'll most always just talk to you like you were invited. Breaking-and-entering anyone?

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Small towns, nobody locks their doors. :P

On an unrelated note, I love how there's a big friggin' SIGN in front of your house that says "[your first name]'s House" Are you one of the main attractions in town? Is it like a museum or something? Are you just so forgetful that they've gone and labeled all three buildings in your town for you? ><

Back