• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I'm not sure about the Gundam franchise, isn't it a very serious anime? I think if i was to like mecha it would have to have a lot of other elements like TTGL.

Anyway, i've just finished Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi. Unsettling, gory, confusing, heavy, depressing and you know what.... I really loved it. 6 episodes that span 65 years of the lives of two immortal women working as a private detectives. I won't go into much more detail, just wondering if any of you have seen this? and if so, what did you think?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I should try to expand my taste in anime sometimes, but for now, I'll stick to romance :x

Years
    Ah, Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo. Fantastic movie, even though I'm not a big fan of the art or the questions it left me with. I'm assuming you need to be held because of the sad ending and not because it was a mindscrew of some sort...which it wasn't supposed to be if I remember correctly. *chokes*

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    That's from the same guy as Summer Wars, yeah...no...perhaps?

It's not been very busy in here today. I guess i'll try to start a new topic.

Ok, errrrr, What manga have you guys been reading recently?

I've been re-reading To Love-Ru and i've just started a survival type manga (similar to HOTD xD) calld Cage Of Eden along with a few others.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    The Shonen Jump Three, where only one is worth watching/reading (One Piece)

You may want to try out some of the other Jump series, such as Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Beelzebub, Psyren, Black Cat, Buso Renkin.
    Shonen Magazine: Fairy Tail
    Shonen Sunday: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

There's also Fullmetal Alchemist now that it's done too.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    No love for Shonen Champion?

Cerberus is turning out to be an awesome "typical shonen" series.
    Plus the girls Fukui Takumi draws... they're healthily plump, and he really has a thing for drawing tongues. And saliva.
    Dunno, it's these little things that really draw me in.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I don't have much love for shonen, period. If there's any genre of anime/manga that knows how to needlessly extend the length of their series with filler of dubious importance, it's shonen.

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
    Years
    The Shonen Jump Three, where only one is worth watching/reading (One Piece)

You may want to try out some of the other Jump series, such as Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Beelzebub, Psyren, Black Cat, Buso Renkin.
    Shonen Magazine: Fairy Tail
    Shonen Sunday: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

There's also Fullmetal Alchemist now that it's done too.

I've actually read most of those. Busou Renkin and Kenichi were among my personal favorites.

Four words that'll change your views on manga: My Name Is Zushio.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    Ah, Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo. Fantastic movie, even though I'm not a big fan of the art or the questions it left me with. I'm assuming you need to be held because of the sad ending and not because it was a mindscrew of some sort...which it wasn't supposed to be if I remember correctly. *chokes*
    Yeah, I eventually had to just stop thinking about the plot, and enjoy the movie.

Because...

If the counter isn't reset by the fact that you're going back before you have a chance to use it, how is... that guy... able to move it back by one?

Why did he only bring one magic walnut?

Why does Makoto's little sister sound like the Tianzi from Code Geass?

(Yes. They're different VAs. Which is weird, because they both have that.... Whiny(?) quality... Not that it's a bad thing, but...)

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Thought you'd probably enjoy it, it's OVA is horrible though :(

I'm actually almost finished Strawberry Panic, i thought this was going to be on my watching list forever. xD

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Care to share some thoughts on it?

Just finished the last episode and I can say overall I very much enjoyed the series. You'll probably know it's set in a high class, all girls school and the main themes are friendship and romance. A few of the characters were very complex and you often find yourself reconsidering whether you actually like them or not. The lead girl Nagisa is unfortunately a very average lead but a couple of the support characters more than make up for this. Also being a romance anime there are a hat full of cliché scenes but i guess they are pretty inevitable. The last 10 episodes really stood out as you begin to uncover some of the past and reasons why some characters are as they are. Finally my rating, I'd give it a solid 8/10. Recommended.

Oh, i hope you were asking for my thoughts and not Chars on Kanokon, oh well lol.

---------

Anyone been watching My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute?

One of the funniest anime moments of the year.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I just started watching The World God Only Knows, which reached episode 3 today, and I must say it's going to be my favorite for this season. Keima is a pretty cool character as well. :D And I watched Star Driver; wasn't bad.

Years
    Spoiler:
    Crowning moment of awesome for Kyousuke right there.

Also
    >Streaming
    >Watermark

All of my fantard raeg.

Star Driver has those awesome mecha scenes, but the rest is just whaaaaaaaat?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back