• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiche

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I did watch Shinryaku Ika Musume, to be honest, it wasn't all that bad. I mean, I read the manga and it was fairly good, and like Saitou said, it managed to follow the manga well. I wouldn't say it will be in my top anime this Fall, but I will surely follow through with it.

Arakawa Under the Bridge was just amazing. Anyone watched that?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    ^Nope. That anime kinda freaks me out because of the star head guy.

OMFG Clannad and its sequel was the best anime ever. I really loved it. Did you guys like it?

Years
  • If Hoshi of all people in that show freaks you out, then you really haven't given it that much of a chance. Just like the underlying message of the show, it's not afraid to be totally out there and be different in such a good way. Definitely one of the best comedies of this Spring and soon to be Autumn. Also, Studio SHAFT.

And CLANNAD was like last year. :x

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    If Hoshi of all people in that show freaks you out, then you really haven't given it that much of a chance. Just like the underlying message of the show, it's not afraid to be totally out there and be different in such a good way. Definitely one of the best comedies of this Spring and soon to be Autumn. Also, Studio SHAFT.

And CLANNAD was like last year. :x
    I still think it was good :x

But, its weird I mean, how the heck did he get that head? Some kind of magic? O.o

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
  • I am currently watching the following Fall 2010 Anime: Bakuman, Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls, Iron Man Anime, Ore No Imouto, Otome Yokai Zakuro, Psychic Detective Yakumo, Star Driver, and The World God Only Knows.

So far my fave fall 2010 anime is Bakuman, since I read Chapters 1-13 of the manga last year.

SuperiorCat

トウコ
    Years
  • Clannad is incredible.
    After watching AS, I went into a sort of 'anime recoil', for a while any anime that I watched just didn't seem good, and I couldn't get into it, just because of the high standards that Clannad set.

Anyway, I just watched the first episode of The World God Only Knows, and I know I've said this about nearly all of the animes this season, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    I really am enjoying this season.
    Can't wait for Fortune Arterial!! ;D​

Years
  • This doesn't get revealed until close to the end but
    Spoiler:

J-E Discussion

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◙▬▬▬
    ◂◂ ► ▐ ▌ ◼ ▸▸
    ʳʷ ᵖˡᵃʸ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ ˢᵗᵒᵖ ᶠᶠ

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I started watching Under The Bridge and it was very unique. It had LOLWAT humour like the second season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and pretty clever writing. I appreciated that but i couldn't get into it. Star was creepy and Sister was funny.

From your high rated anime on your list i thought Clannad and the After Story would be big winners with you C. Best series ever.

Years
  • What initially attracted me to Arakawa Under the Bridge was the OP and ED; before I saw them, I never really thought it had any potential. I loved its over-the-top but nonetheless charming humor, Kou's and Nino's strange but endearing relationship, and its unique take on the message of being true to and being free to express yourself. It actually made its way to my top 5 list, beating out the likes of TTGL and Baccano!

Char. You've seen Kiss X Sis. You can handle a guy with a star for a head.

Hiche

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I loved reading Bleach. :( Oh, well, I still have many chapters to read.

Did anybody watch The World God Only Knows?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Bleach does feel as if it's coming to an ending. :(

Manga Spoilers.

Spoiler:

Saying that i would think Bleach would still be a good franchise so they could easily put out a short filler arc or two.

------

Anyway today's anime first episodes i'll be watching.

Motto To Love-Ru: Trouble - To Love-Ru was pretty good for the harem comedy genre so i'm looking forward for this.

The World Only God Knows - Dating sim addict signs a contract which means he has to unlock real girls hearts in order to catch runaway spirits. Might be terrible but Kanae Itou is voicing one of the main characters so i'll give it a go.

EDIT - Watched them both.

Good start to motto i guess, pretty predictable but fun all the same. The World Only God Knows opener was also decent enough. I very much doubt either of these will beat Shinrei Tantei Yakumo, Bakuman or Yosuga no Sora for anime of the season though.

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Well the Bleach manga seems to be near it's end. I was hoping Naruto would be the first one done in. :U

Ya, now that they're doing all their farewells, hopefully he's finally going to stop the series.

But ya Naruto...........well, let's just say the author has publically announced his intentions to make Naruto the longest running manga ever so......ya, he has no intention to end it anytime soon.

Meanwhile One Piece is shaping up pretty well for the "2 Years After" time

SuperiorCat

トウコ
    Years
  • [negative opinion]
    Bleach and Naruto kinda make me want to go and kill myself.
    [/negative opinion]

I watched the first episode of Motto to Love-ru, and I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed. Although, I can't say that I was expecting anything out of it.

Whilst everyone is giving their opinions of Arakawa, I'm going to give my own. Personally, I loved the first season, all of the characters are pure genius. I glad they wasted no time in not only announcing the second season but also airing it, and the first episode of x Bridge was amazing. So amazing that I spent most of yesterday and part of today re-watching the first season. :3 Also freaky star guy with a mask is not that freaky.

I'm loving the fall season. Everything I anticipated has really been amazing.
    Without looking at the list of upcoming anime in the fall season, I'm presuming that the only one left that I really want to watch is Fortune Arterial. aaaa When does that air? ;-;

Hiche

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Fortune Arterial will air on October 9 :( The preview episode was on October 2, so many mistook it as the first episode or something.

Why did I write Teller?

Last edited:

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Ya, now that they're doing all their farewells, hopefully he's finally going to stop the series.

But ya Naruto...........well, let's just say the author has publically announced his intentions to make Naruto the longest running manga ever so......ya, he has no intention to end it anytime soon.

Meanwhile One Piece is shaping up pretty well for the "2 Years After" time

Oda said he wants 120+ volumes, so One Piece is half-over.

It's been 13 years since it started, so it'll end 2023-ish. I have mixed feelings. D:

Oh, and Golgo 13 (1969) is still going on so...

Masashi Kishimoto is going writing Naruto to his death bed. o3o

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'm completely at awe how any series could last that long. Whether it's anime or manga, I prefer my series short and sweet.

Then again, action-heavy shonen isn't my cup of tea, either.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Actually Bleach might have two more arcs before it ends.

Its pretty much my favorite anime or one of my favorites. Hopefully it won't end soon D: But, hopefully it won't end in a long time D:

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I used to use Dragonball Z as the benchmark for uber long shounen series and now I find it amusing that Bleach will have matched its episode count in the next run and somehow been more drawn out. I liked it at first, but sometime after the Bount arc it just lost its magic for me and became so incredibly repetitive.

's probably why I like One Piece so much, it manages to be so very long, but it never feels draw out. The action is fluid, the story doesn't sputter around and trick you into thinking things are over and there aren't any "Just as planned!" moments like in Bleach.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back