• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serrium

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2010
    Heh, nowadays I just think "Oh, SHAFT" whenever I see stuff like that. Speaking of SHAFT, I marathoned the last 8 episodes of REC (a SHAFT anime from 2006) last night. It was actually pretty good, and the drama, while unrealistic like most other anime, didn't reach the level of melodrama in the way most other romance/slice-of-life do in recent years. The story starts out like most other anime but eventually it resembles more of an American film than a Japanese anime. I initially gave it a 9/10 (the first I've given in several months I might add), but I had to retract it to an 8/10 because it wasn't very original and the main guy acted too much like a typical romance lead at times. Still, it's a good watch for anyone who needs a short romance story.

I watched this last year, if I remember correctly. It was very short, so I finished it quickly. It was good, not great, and like you said, it does resemble American styled romance films. The story itself was not bad at all; though it had potential to improve if further episodes or longer ones have been made. I hated the male lead; he's way too generic, for a lead in a romantic anime, though Aka was cute.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I watched episode 16 of Amagami SS and finished up the Ai Nanasaki arc. The series is now going strong, and next time we get a new heroine :)

I also started on the Tamayura OVA (first two eps.) It's a really... cute... show thus far lol

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I watched episode 16 of Amagami SS and finished up the Ai Nanasaki arc. The series is now going strong, and next time we get a new heroine :)

I also started on the Tamayura OVA (first two eps.) It's a really... cute... show thus far lol
    God, I want to watch Amagami SS so badly, but I'll finish it up after its done airing.

Serrium

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2010
    How many arcs will there be for Amagami SS? I only watched the first arc, since I am waiting for it to end.

Serrium

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2010
    Oh, okay. Thanks.

I never been a fan of such anime, especially if there's only one male lead. Though this one is showing promise. I hope the other arcs will be as good as the first.

It kind of reminds me of Kimikiss, but with two different male characters.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I think both Kimikiss and Amagami are great series. Though I'm debating whether to watch the rest of Amagami as it comes out, or wait for a character arc to finish, then catch up.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I am currently watching Amagami SS, and to be honest, so far it's going very well. Kimikiss PR is actually one of my favorite romance [high school] anime. I can't say which anime is better since Amagami SS is still airing, and the two stories are a bit different.

In Amagami SS, there are six arcs, each having 6 different femal characters, but the same male guy. However, in Kimikiss, there are 2 guys, each having two (or was it three?) girls in love with them, in other words, two love triangles. Kimikiss focuses more on the romantic aspect, while toning down the comedy, however, Amagami SS is the opposite.

I do recommend you watch Kimikiss PR, though, if you haven't. :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I am currently watching Amagami SS, and to be honest, so far it's going very well. Kimikiss PR is actually one of my favorite romance [high school] anime. I can't say which anime is better since Amagami SS is still airing, and the two stories are a bit different.

In Amagami SS, there are six arcs, each having 6 different femal characters, but the same male guy. However, in Kimikiss, there are 2 guys, each having two (or was it three?) girls in love with them, in other words, two love triangles. Kimikiss focuses more on the romantic aspect, while toning down the comedy, however, Amagami SS is the opposite.

I do recommend you watch Kimikiss PR, though, if you haven't. :D
    Ohh. I'll give it a go after I'm done with the anime I have on my
    Plan to Watch list.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I downloaded KimiKiss Pure Rouge after someone inhere praised it very highly in here a while a go. I hope it lives up to that hype xD.

Also anyone seen the movie Voices Of A Distant Star? i think it looks very good.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I downloaded KimiKiss Pure Rouge after someone inhere praised it very highly in here a while a go. I hope it lives up to that hype xD.

Also anyone seen the movie Voices Of A Distant Star? i think it looks very good.
    How long did it take you to download the entire series? :o

I'm planning on watching it but the art is not that good.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Not sure exactly but i was getting download speeds of over 1000kbs on it. Basically i put it on when i went out and it was done when i got back xD.

I agree with the art, it looks pretty average for 08. Looks pre 2005/6 to me. Oh well it's story over art anyway so it should be ok.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Not sure exactly but i was getting download speeds of over 1000kbs on it. Basically i put it on when i went out and it was done when i got back xD.

I agree with the art, it looks pretty average for 08. Looks pre 2005/6 to me. Oh well it's story over art anyway so it should be ok.
    Wow, thats fast o.o

I'm VERY picky when it comes to anime with bad art tho D:

Years
  • I was actually hinting more along the lines of moving those kinds of posts over to that thread. When every other post is "what should I watch?" or "should I watch this?", that's not exactly discussion I can get into, personally.

tl;dr: Occasionally is fine, but not the whole dang time. :x

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back